Sent on January 7, 2013
I will tell you what. God has a way of just throwing me into the fire :) gotta love it. So obviously everyone knows that transfers were this week and I am sure you were just dying to know where I would be just as I was. President Eaton called me yesterday and told me that I would now be serving in the Federal Way Zone! I will be in the Redondo Ward with my new companion Elder Cannon. So I am still in Auburn right now until transfer meeting at 2 oclock, and that is when the fun will begin! I am really excited for the challenge. President Eaton told me that the mission was named the Washington Federal Way Mission for a reason and that we needed to be the highest baptizing Zone (Auburn is right now). It is going to be crazy. It is going to be lots of fun and hard work and I am ready for it!
My last week on the Reservation was miracle and spirit-filled. We had the greatest meeting on Sunday! There were 25 people there, including 7 investigators. 2 of which are committed to be baptized! V....., who has been living with the Hungary family is going to get baptized on the 18th of January and she has asked me to come back and baptize her! The spirit was so strong in our testimony meeting. I am going to miss so very much the spirit that is felt on the reservation amongst these people. I have learned so much here though, and I think it will help me as I strive to fulfill my new assignments.
One great experience we had this week. L...., a teenage less-active who has changed drastically over the past 6 months, called us on Thursday and said that she had a friend that was trying to get clean from drugs and has been off for two days but was really struggling. She told her friend, S.... that we would come and give here a blessing and teach her. We went over and did just that. The spirit hit S..... and she truly has a desire to change! She came to church this week and still is clean!
There is a man named S...., Samoan for Joseph, who is married to a Muckleshoot named L..... We have been meeting with him off and on with Bro Peterson and he is a great guy. Well yesterday morning we were at a lady named R...'s house and she told us that he had been sent to the hospital and they weren't sure if he was going to make it. So Elder Lynch and I rushed to the hospital and found him there. He was with his wife, and mother-in-law but he was sedated and not conscious. A complication with his heart. We explained to L.... what a priesthood blessing was and she asked us to give him one. Again, a spirit that I cannot describe entered the room. We were all crying and as I spoke I knew that he would be okay. After the blessing, in tears, L.... thanked us and we told her that God still has a work for them to do as a couple here on the earth. It was a special experiences.
I have many experiences like that and I just wish I could share them all. All together though, I will never be able to thank my Heavenly Father enough for giving me the opportunity to serve here on the Reservation. Oh how it has changed me and my heart. I will love these people forever!
It is my prayer that we will all consider what our true desires are in this life, and that hopefully our desires can become like that of the Three Nephites (3 Ne 28:9) and John the Beloved (D&C 7): to bring souls to Him! I am so happy to be here in Washington and for the opportunity that I will have to continue to bring souls to Him in the Redondo Ward and Federal Way Zone! I love you all so much and pray for you often. Keep smiling and keep loving :)
SLIM MOMENT: I saw Slim again this week. I think it was a tender mercy from the Lord before I left Auburn.
Elder Cook
No comments:
Post a Comment