Monday, April 1, 2013

Email 10: Transfer Time + A Baptism


Sent March 26, 2013

Hey fam! Geez where to begin. What a crazy week it has been. Thanks for you emails and letters. I don't know what the deal with the mail is? It is undpredictable. And with transfers today (that is why pday is tuesday) they hold mail from friday on, so I recieved three letters from mom dad addie and brig dated the 17th and that is the only mail I got this week, actually I think I got something from Brynne and Clark, was that this week? And brynne I have not gotten your package yet but I should get it from the zone leaders today after the transfer meeting! But it was so good to hear from you all!
 
So transfers are today. It has been crazy last night and this morning. Elder Mckendrick and I didn't think anything of the transfersr because I still have six weeks of training, but we were wrong. We got a call and Elder Mckendrick is beig in-zone transfered and has been called to be a zone leader. So I will be getting a new companion here in White River today! His name is Elder Mackley. The only reason I know that is because I had to update key indicators and my new comp. was on there. But transfer meeting is at 2 and I will meet him there! Anyways so that is what is happening. I am sad that Elder Mckendrick and I's time got cut short. We were working really well together and great things were happening.  But they will continue here in White River! I am excited for this next transfer! Then we will see what happens after I am done with training...
 
So we had Jasmynn's baptism this weekend! It was great and powerful. She said after being given the gift of the Holy Ghost that she has never had a better weekend. This gospel brings SO MUCH HAPPINESS!!


 
We had an awesome miracle this week that I want to tell you about. We received a media referral over our phone to go and see a lady named Dayle Manatad. We went over to her house and she was there and excited to see us and immediately started talking with us. She said that she had met with missionaries like three years ago and she was a week away from being baptized when she had to go to Hawaii (where she is from) because her grandpa died. When she returned the missionaries never stopped by again? I have no idea why. But she had just came back in contact with one of the members in that ward in Sumner that she had been attending and that member sent in the refferal. She is living all the commandments and wants to be baptized! She can at any moment. We are going over tonight to see when we can get that done, hopefully this weekend! And now, another cool thing. Her cousin is Aaron Francisco. He was a defensive back for BYU maybe 8 years ago (look him up) and he has been bouncing around the NFL. But the first time she was going to get baptized he was going to fly up to auburn to do it. So she wants to see if he can do that this time too! That would be sweet!!
 
I am so glad the play went so well! I will have to watch a copy when I get home. Congrats to everyone. I am glad you will all be able to enjoy a break now! And Dad I wish you the best with the job application, retirement process, and sleep apnea stuff. Thats a lot of stuff going on!
 
Also dad, I  am glad you have some solid missionaries working with you in the ward. So in this mission we had 5-7 pm reserved for tracting, it was called finding time. But just last week President Larkin changed the Ensign Pledge and that is no longer in it. Here is the reason I believe. This work is definitely hastening. In order for us to keep up, it cannot just be done by the missionaries. The missionaries must be working with the members in the ward and the members in the ward must be fellowshipping and inviting people to learn more. This work has to be done by all of the members of the church. We have all been commanded to cry repentance to all people that we come across.
 
Come Thou Fount by Mercy River. Look that one up. I listen to it every day iin the car and love it.
 
Brynne thanks for the brief march madness update. I have knocked on lots of houses and have had the door open to see college basketball on in the background. It drives me crazy not to be watching it haha. I love march madness so much. But that is all right, I will sacrifice it. You should definitely send me an updated bracket!
 
Maleigha Porecca is going to be baptized on March 29, this friday. Her mom, Ashley Mares, is still trying to decide if she will do it this weekend too. I am just praying and praying that the Spirit will work on her and that she will desire to get baptized with her daughter. We have one more week to reach 8 baptisms. It will take some beautiful miracles to happen. I will work my hardest this week and I know that the Lord's Will will be done. I have high expectations though.
 
Cant wait for conference. It is going to be the greatest. Make a goal to not fall asleep and I won't either haha. But just think about King Benjamin speaking to the people on his tower, everyone with their tent facing so they could hear him. We will be hearing from the man who has been called as the Prophet of God on the earth. We will be hearing from the 12 Apostles of the Lord who hold the same calling that the original apostles of Jesus Christ held. What authority they have. What an amazing, miraculous privilege we have to hear from the mouthpieces of the Lord on the earth!
 
I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that He lives! I know this Gospel is soooooo true. It is the GREATEST EVER! I know that Our Father in Heaven loves us and has a plan for us. I know this is the Work of Almighty God and it will CHANGE THE WORLD! I love you all so much. My prayers are with you always.
 
Elder Cook
 
 ps I hope I didnt leave anything out. If so, I apologize. Have a great week!! Next email on Monday!


1 comment:

  1. We are so proud of you and your diligence in the work. I will share this account with the Bishopric on Sunday at PEC. We've had 61 new mission calls in the YSA 48th Ward since you left on your mission. I feel like you are all Atom Bombs Exploding the Truth of the Gospel all around the world and bringing Peace to the Earth. Thank you for your work. Sincerely Patti Miner (Vince Miner)

    ReplyDelete