Hey Fam!
How y'all doinnn? Thanks for your emails and letters this week! They are the greatest! I sent you some pics! I figure I will try and send some every other week or so? But ya.
So we didnt end up having any baptisms this week. But thats all right, we have two planned for this weekend and hopefully three. Jasmynn Steele is getting baptized and she is super excited. Meleigha (Mimi, 9) is getting baptized too! Her mom Ashley was going to too but now she is backing out. We are praying that she will change her mind and want to be committed to the Lord. It would be a beautiful moment if she were to get baptized with her daughter, we just need to have the Spirit testify of the importance of this ordinance and covenant. So that would put us at 5 for the month! We need 8! (that was the goal that we set after the President asked everyone to pray about their goals again, so we did and felt 8 was right and the Lord's will) I know that it can happen, we are going to do everthing we can to bring those miracles here to White River!
It was a great finding week. We found 13 new investigators and put 11 of them on date for baptism. We only had 5 at church though so we need to see which ones are really prepared to change! That is how we do the work here. We find and teach those that are ready and willing to make and keep commitments. It is the best ever to have investigators reading the book of mormon and coming to church and having their own spiritual experiences.
I get to talk in church next week! Can't remember the topic exactly, something about learning and stuff haha, shoot i will have to go look at it again. I am using the conference talk "Brethren We Have Work To Do" (at least I think thats what it is called) from last priesthood session. I havent had any time to think about it yet as you can tell.
It rains a lot here. I love it. Elder Mckendrick doesnt. Haha.
I can't tell if I am gaining weight or not. I eat A LOT. But we run a lot and I work out in the mornings so I figure it is a good balance.
I am glad to hear things are going well at home. Mom, hang in there with the play! It will be great it always is. I love getting your letters and wish I could repsond to them all individually. So just know that I love them and am grateful for them. If you ever have a question that needs answered or something that you really want to know, just really emphasize it in your letter or email so I know I need to respond to it!
Brynne and Clark I am glad you got to have Spring Break. Fun stuff. Thanks for telling me. But it doesn't really matter that BYU doesn't have Spring Break seeing as how I am not there. Go Cougs. Love you both :)
I love you family. Let us continue to live so that no one will ever have to guess whose side we are on.
I just want to let you all know that I know this message that we have is true. There is so much darkness in the world. I see and feel things every day that I just don't understand. Satan has power over a lot of hearts. But there is LIGHT. I cannot stress enough the importance of this gospel. There is no hope without it! Each one of us that has the truth must be an example of the believers, this gospel cannot just be a part of our lives, it must be our lives. Repent every day, remember your covenants, listen to the Holy Ghost, LOVE as the Savior does. Be a disciple of Jesus Christ. Satan has no power over us. He can't touch us. We are full of liht and truth and we are spreading it across the world. Don't ever take a day off. This is definitely a battle. Every day is a battle between good and evil. Between Us and Satan. Every day you must CHOOSE a side. And I ask you to every day, CHOOSE Christ. He is our Leader. Everyone. This is real. It is a glorious thing to be able to stand next to our Savior, Jesus Christ in this cause. We all have much to offer. He needs every single one of us. I love you all!
Love,
Elder Cook






No comments:
Post a Comment