Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Email 7: Basketball Congrats + Confirmation + RUNNING


Sent on March 4, 2013

Another week has passed! I recieved some mail from people and that was awesome! Thanks for all of the emails and updates as well! I am happy for the basketball team. Sounds like they came together well and did great things. I am happy they got to go to State and were so successful. Please tell them I love them all and am proud of my brothers!
Anyway's my week was incredible! The Fahsholtz family was baptized on Saturday night! (I forgot my camera today so I will send a picture to you next week!) I also got the opportunity to confirm little Jenna (8 years old). Brian, the father, has been a member his whole life but not always active because he has been in the military and such and it just wasn't a priority. He baptized his wife Nicole, and daughters Julianna (10), and Jenna. What a special blessing it was to see how the gospel has brought their family so much happiness in just a few weeks. They are such a great family and they will be going to the temple in a year and are already preparing for that next step together.
The Lord is hastening His work! President Larkin is as well! We have been having conference calls with him and setting inspired goals because WE NEED TO DO MORE. THe mission goal is 202 baptisms this month. That is A LOT. There is a lot of excitement amongst the missionaries. I have seen many miracles this week, however we need to do more if we are going to reach our goals. Right now in the White River area we have 7 or 8 more people that we are confident will be baptized in the month of March. But there are still more, and we need to do more to find those people that are ready and willing to repent and follow Jesus Christ.
Let me just tell you all right now that I am so happy to be here right now. I get more and more excited every day and realize more and more every day how GREAT and MARVELOUS this Work truly is. There is so much that goes into it, but power that is behind it is simple. It is the Lord's work, and He performs miracles based on the faith, obedience, and love His servants show. We can set goals all we want, but if we, as missionaries, are not continually striving to work harder and be better, then those goals will not be acheived. You do not recieve a witness until after the trial of your faith.
I love you all. Keep doing great things wherever you are! Be a disciple of Jesus Christ. For reals. Love and live like He would. The world needs those who will do this. God bless you all.
Elder Cook

*Another Email Sent a Few Minutes Later*

Oh and I have to tell you this experience. Like I said before, we RUN in this mission. So one day I was running back to the car from and apartment and I was running into the parking lot, past the cars into the lot and I saw a car coming, and I was running pretty fast. So I turned really sharp around one of the parked cars so I didn't run out into the middle of the lot. Did I mention it was raining, like it does a lot. Well ya, it was. And the cement was really slick.... So I slip hardcore while trying to turn and just slide on my side out into the middle of the parking lot in front of the car. Luckily it had time to stop, or that would have been bad. So ya, black marks all over my white shirt and a tear in my lovely chocolate pants. It was pretty funny. Elder Mckendrick thought so at least! The mission is fun, it is happy, and I love it!! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment