Hey fam! Whats up! It was good to get your emails! I haven't recieved any mail since the last friday I was in the MTC, so like a week and a half ago, but I should get it later today or tommorrow, just so you know. And ya the mission home address is my permanent address, so just send mail there and they will send it to me!
So I wanted to tell you a little more about my area! I am in the White River Ward like I said, Elder Mckendrick and I serve here as well as Elder Pozernick and Elder Flake, but they are Spanish. But the area that we cover (or ward boundaries) are in the cities of Auburn, Lakeland Hills, Algona, and Pacific. Yes, all in WA. Haha but ya that is just to give you a better idea of where I am at! This is a pretty crazy place though, one of the more "sketchy" I guess you would say in the mission . I have seen and heard more crazy things this past week than ever before... I mean one night we contacted a man and we were talking to him in the middle of a drug deal (at least we are pretty sure) and we didn't even know it until he took off in a car and shouted his phone number to us so we could meet with him later. Sketch. Anyways, the people here are great though, and there is a lot of work that can be done, we just need to find those who are prepared!
Johanika backed out of her baptism date, but that is ok. She just isnt quite ready, but she will be. The Fahsholtz family will be baptized this weekend though! Its going to be awesome! Elder Mckendrick and I have set a goal to baptize 10 people in the month of March. Although we aren't sure if there have ever been that many baptized in a month, after praying and thinking we feel like it is something that the Lord can accomplish through us if we sacrifice and obey as much as we can. We are ready to WORK! It is so much fun :) I have never talked to so many people before, most of them are kind of rude or just don't want to talk but there are some that will talk to us and then there are some that the Lord has prepared to recieve us, and it truly is a miracle when you find those that are ready to recieve the message. We try and commit to baptism on the first contact and then work from there. And we sing to and pray with everyone that will let us.
So the new missions announcement huh, that is sooo sweet!! I saw that there were two in Idaho, Twin and Nampa, thats sweet! Two in WA as well. The Federal Way Washington Mission will take part of the Seattle mission. We don't found out the boundaries until like June, but I might serve the rest of my mission in the Federal Way mission? We will just have to see! I remember talking to Dad about how we both had a feeling that I wasn't going to spend my whole mission in Seattle... I guess we will see what happens! I am more than willing to serve wherever I am needed and in whatever role I am needed! The father of the new Federal Way mission President (President Eaton) is in our ward here in White River! And the new Seattle mission president (in June) is going to be President Yoon Hwan Choi! Awesome awesome stuff. This work is incredible. It is so intricate and inspired I can't even believe it. I love being a part of it :)
The main thing that I have realized over the past week is that this is indeed the Lord's Work, not mine, and it is a marvelous one. His hand is in everything that happens. Every heart that is touched and every mind that is prepared is because He is in all things and through all things. Miracles happen according to faith. Faith is a POWER. As a missionary I strive to be an instrument in the Lord's Hand, but that is all I am. It does however take obedience, sacrifice, prayer, study, charity, and love to be the instrument that the Lord loves to use. That is what I am working to be. I want the Lord to be able to count on me for any task, any area, any person. I love my Savior and I love His Work. It is so important. I realize that more and more every day!
We are working hard here in Auburn, P day has been relaxing so far. I am super tired all of the time, but thats all right I don't mind at all. It is a different kind of cold here. Elder Mckendrick is always cold but I dont really ever feel cold. I have been enjoying it. Haven't seen much of the sun though.. Haha. So I don't need any thermal garments but I appreciate the offer!
I hope all is well back home! I have been praying for you all :) I wish I had more time to tell you more about everything that is happening, but you know how it is. There will be lots of story-telling to be had in a couple of years :) that will be a fun time, but for now there is WORK TO DO! I LOVE LOVE LOVE you all so much! God be with you!
Elder Cook
*The Book of Mormon is the most powerful tool in conversion. For all of us. Read it, study it, pray about it, LOVE it. What a blessing it is that we have it.
*This life is the defining moment of our eternity. Think about that. How will you live?
No comments:
Post a Comment