Written on February 7, 2013.
Family!
Hello y'all! Ya I say that more now because we aren't supposed to say "guys", just Elders and Sisters
so when you are referring to a group it is just easier to say y'all. Anyways, I have really enjoyed getting
all of your letters. I feel bad that I can't write you back but that's ok. I only write on P-Day so I can focus on other stuff throughout the week. So I apologize if I don't remember to respond to something
that you wrote me about. I just have a bunch of letters in a pile now. But I love it keep 'em coming.
So dad I am pretty sure if I got your directions right that I am staying in the room next to the one you
stayed in. Isn't that something else! Dan Jones was the man.
The first few days here were really long and tiring, but from Sunday on it has just been flying by. I am
going to be outta here before I know it. I am really excited for Seattle though.
So in my district, me and Elder Rowley are the only ones going to Seattle. But in another district in our
Zone there are 7 more Elders going to Seattle. They are all great Elders and I know that there is a lot of
work to do in Seattle! Elder Rowley and I get along great!
My teachers, Brother Feddish and Brother Lewis, are the best ever! They are helping me and the district a ton. I want to be a teacher here while I finish school at BYU. It would be the best job ever.
I have had so many great experiences. My testimony is growing so much it is incredible! I am learning to feel and recognize the spirit so much. I am receiving revelation constantly. I feel a deeper love for the Savior everyday. This is a neat place.
Elder Barkdull and I are having a competition to see who knows the most missionaries in the MTC that
we knew before. I am winning 23-22. It is a tight race. I love seeing my friends around though.
I have had a lot of incredible experiences but really this whole thing is just an incredible experience.
You can feel the spirit ALL the time if you are being obedient.
We listened to a talk given by Elder Bednar a few years back. He says that he is always asked the question, "How do I know if it is the spirit or if it is just me?" His answer was surprising. He said, "Quit worrying about it." He went on to promise that if we are good boys (and girls), we honor our covenants and keep the commandments, and we press forward with faith in Christ, we will be guided by the Spirit whether we always realize it or not. I know this is true. I have been guided every step so far this week. That is why I have learned and grown so much. I know we can apply this to all our lives. You don't have to wait for a prompting. Do as Nephi, not knowing beforehand but being led by the Spirit. Just go, do, be good, be happy. I promise you will be guided.
I wish I could share everything that happens here with you all. There is just not enough time. It is so busy. I am working way hard but I love it. Thank you for your love and letters. I hope mine don't disappoint. I wish I could write more! Hopefully in the field I might. I guess we will just see. Just trust that I am doing well and I love you all so much!
Elder Cook
P.S. Do we know Elder Don R. Clarke from the 70? He spoke at a Devotional.
P.S. Thanks for the goodies and Thank you's
No comments:
Post a Comment