So it is Thursday and my P-Day. We only get a short time to email so I wont be saying much, but I will write you all today so you will be getting a letter soon! Just wanted to say thanks for all the letters, I love getting them! J This is the way it will be while in the MTC, so just next thursday too. But once I get in the field I am guessing I will just communicate via email.
I love the MTC. It is an incredible place. I have learned so much about following the Spirit, effective teaching and study, obedience, and prayer. My testimony is growing in large amounts each day. I love this work! I head out to Seattle on the 19th, probably really early in the morning, can't wait. I love my companion Elder Rowley as well as Elder Barkdull and Elder Jarvis who I live with. I wish I could just tell y'all every neat thing that has happened to me in the past week! You'll just have to trust me, they don't give us much time to email. It has been quite the transition. I already feel different and my only real desire is to fulfill my purpose as a missionary! To all of you that thought I was going to get fat..... ya there were quite a few of you, the food is pretty good! There is definitely plenty to eat, but I have lost 3 pounds in the last week. So there. Haha. This life is great. Consistently focusing on what you can do for others is the happiest way you can live. It is quite the paradox. But in just a week I am have become a firm believer in it. I wish you all the best at home. We are all in a position to serve and love. So do just that. I love this work. I love my Savior. His Atonement covers every area of our lives, and it will effect us to the degree that we strive to live the Doctrine of Christ. Faith, repentance, baptism, recieving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. Again, I wish I could tell you more, just know that all is well! I love you all! For reals. Til next time!
Elder Cook
(This was sent a second later)
And ya dad I can recieve emails! But for now the Dear Elder thing is the best way to go so please continue doing that or writing by hand, I don't get much time to email.
Thanks fam. I love you extremely. I hope you know that and can feel it. My letters will be on their way today so you can look forward to hearing from me more! You are the greatest. I love our family. I gotta go! I'll email and write again in a week!
Elder Cook
No comments:
Post a Comment