Wednesday, February 6, 2013

From Shane

This is Brynne. I made an executive decision that I hope JD is okay with on the blog. But I wanted to include stories from our family about when they knew he would be a good missionary. Shane, my cousin, will be the first to write many weekly writings about JD. While we anticipate the news of how he is doing I thought these sentiments would be a good way to pass the time. I also thought that as JD looks at this after his mission he will love the words written from the people he loves most.

This is from Shane:

Usually with JD and I, it's pretty much fun and games. JD is really smart when it comes to school and stuff, but not really common sense.  I think that's why it's so much fun.  He'll do things like put a dog shock collar on his leg. That's not very smart. But a lot of fun and games for me. We've always had a lot of fun together, it might be way out by the buoys in Bear Lake with stories to tell after that, or putting a hole in my basement wall.

Even though it's always fun & games,  I really do care about him and I know he cares about me. Clear back when I was like 10 years old and I hit a homerun in baseball, JD was watching and was there to give me a hug as soon as I crossed home plate. I don't know if he was more excited or if I was.


Before JD left, he sent me a text. It told me to always set an example and be doing what's right. He told me the mission will come sooner than I think. He also told me I need to be a leader with the cousins and always make good choices. I know that JD is ready to serve. I know he knows it's important. I know he wants me to go and all of the boy cousins to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment