Saturday, February 2, 2013

First Letter

Written January 31, 2013

Dear Family,

President Neely told us all to take the time to write home our first night here. It's been a great day! Elder Rowley, from Tennessee, is my companion.  He doesn't have a lot to say and you can tell he is from the country from his accent, but I love him because I know he has a  sincere desire to serve and do his very best.  I know he is a little scared and shy but I know he wants to speak. It has been awesome though.  I live in the Dan Jones building just like Dad! That's cool. The other two I live with are Elder Jarvis from California, going to SLC, and Elder Barkdull from Orem going to Oakland.  We have already had the opportunity to teach in gorups and testify to role investigators.  Its been a little overwhelming but it is all completely doable.  What an amazing experience it is to be a missionary! It was so awesome to see Elder Christensen right when I got out.  I have seen him one other time and he seemed so happy.  We have heard a lot about OBEDIENCE. That's no surprise.  There is a lot of things to obey but I know as I obey as exactly as I can I will be blessed! 

 

The MTC is a neat place, oh and I leave for Seattle on the 19th of February.  So I am here for just under 3 weeks.   That's good.  

 

I have already felt the spirit so strongly and I wish you all could experience what I am.  I love this work and I know I am going to love the next two years!

 

Hope all is well at home! I love you guys! Make sure we are all living in a way that no one ever has to wonder what side we are on!

 

You know there is a lot I want to say.  I wish you all could know about everything!  Just know that I know this work is the work of Almighty God and it is to change the world!  I love it. I love you.

 

God be with you all !

 

Love,

 

Elder Cook 

 

(We received this letter February 2, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment