Sent on February 15, 2013.
What up everyone! :) Sorry if you were expecting email yesterday. P-day got moved to Friday because In-Field Orientation got moved to Thursday. So ya, P-day is today. And I will be writing you all again, I just dont have that much time to email. But there are some things I will email about.
So I leave the MTC on Tuesday Morning at 5 am. My flight leaves Salt Lake at 8:30. Should arrive in about an hour and a half, so really just a half hour because of the time change I think. But there are 17 on my flight. I know of 9 english speaking elders going and then I am sure there are some language ones too, but I am really good friends with all 9 of the elders, they are in the classroom right next to us, you see they got put in a district with the missionaries going to Boise, and so if all the Seattle and boise missionaies were in one, there would be 14, and there are only 12 in a district, so Elder Rowley and I got put in another district. Cool. Anyways. I do get to buy a phone card and call home, so I am not for sure but I am guessing that call will take place between 6:00 and 8:00, but probably narrowed between 6:30 and 7:30, I really have no idea, and Im not sure how long it will be. But we will get to talk! Awesome huh!
I was getting my camera out of my case last night and it dropped from waist high, fell on the floor, and now it wont turn on. I only had like 10 pics on there so far to send but I cant now, and I am not sure if it is ever going to turn back on. I am super upset. Let me know what you want me to do. I can probably just send it back so you can warranty it or something? possibly? hopefully? anyways I am way upset and feel real bad. Sorry. I wanted to take some pics in my last few days at the MTC but I don't think I will be able too.?
Just a few days (4) away from flying to Seattle!! I am so stokkkked! My comp. and I's progressing investigator here at the MTC committed to a baptism date! I mean, he isnt a real investigator but hearing him talk about how much he wanted to follow Jesus Christ and how he knew the BoM was true filled me with so much joy. I cannot explain how much I am looking forward to helping those in Seattle come closer to their Savior and make commitments and covenants to follow him. This work is amazing, so incredible. I love it. I want to share with you all my testimony of Our Savior, Jesus Christ, and some of the feelings I have had about this perfect Man. God's plan for us is indeed perfect. It is designed to make us perfectly happy. The laws of Justice and Mercy are the laws by which this plan is goverened. God will always be just. But oh how he wants to show mercy on those He loves. The only way He can show mercy is through His Savior, Jesus Christ. (Read Alma 34:15-16) The ONLY way that we can have mercy shown to us is by following the Doctrine of Christ-- faith in the Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. I KNOW that those who do this will have a special experience when they stand before their Father to be judged. (Please read D&C 45:3-5) I had a very vivid daydream the other day about this. I was standing in front of my Heavenly Father, hoping to enter into His kingdom. But I also had a perfect recollection of all I had done wrong, and I felt like I was not worthy to enter. I was weeping, heartbroken. This is when my Savior and Brother, Jesus Christ came to my side. He put his loving arm around me and said to our Father, "Father, remember the suffering that thou placed upon me. Remember the way that I died. Show this, my brother, mercy for he has done all that I have asked of him. Let him enter." I was sitting at this table almost in tears thinking about this. How do we imagine that visit going with our Father and Jesus Christ? Are we doing all we can? All that He has asked of us? Because we must. This gospel can't just be a part of our lives. It MUST BE OUR LIVES.
I love you all! I wish I had more time to tell what has been going on! What an amazing experience this has been so far! I am well and happy, more than grateful for this opportunity to serve! Keep up all the good work everyone. There is much to do to build this kingdom! Again, I love you all and wish you the best! Next time I write will be from Seattle! Wish me luck :)
No comments:
Post a Comment