Sunday, March 17, 2013

Email 8: Temple + Harder Week + Happy


Sent on March 13, 2013
I am emailing on Wednesday because our Pday got moved from Monday to Tuesday because we got to the temple yesterday! It was incredible. The Seattle temple is beautiful. And then we didn't have time to email so they gave us an hour today! So ya.
This week has been truly great. It was definitely a harder week, as far as people making and keeping commitments goes. It felt like all week those people that we were teaching kept backing out on everything and no one was progressing, and we were having a hard time finding new people. But never get discouraged. It is a lack of faith and drives away the Spirit. We ended up having five investigators come to church though and just in the past two days we have found 5 new investigators, 3 of them in a family! I have seen many miracles and what an incredible and humbling experience it is to be led by the Spirit directly to someone who has been prepared by the Lord to recieve this message and change! Miracles are the natural result of Jesus Christ's presence among the children of men. I know that Jesus Christ is working here in the Seattle mission and all over the world!
Jasmynn Steele, a 16 year-old girl is getting baptized next weekend! She is super excited and it is going to be an incredible day. Ashely Mares and her daughter Meleigha (Mimi) are getting baptized the next weekend as well and they are so happy and excited for this change! Just to update you on the upcoming baptisms. And there will be more by the end of the month :)
I just wanted to tell you about the miracle we experienced last night. We were talking to a less-active member, Eti, to whom we were guided to in the first place, and while we were talking i noticed the lady next door just lingering around her car. When we got done talking to Eti we ran over to talk to her and she told us that she wants to make changes in her life. She had just started addiction recovery two weeks ago and she is all about being there for her five kids now. She said she usually runs away from us but that she felt like we were there for a reason. We talked to her and her kids and put her and two of her kids on date for baptism! It was indeed a miracle. The Lord is guiding this work. I wish I had time to tell you about all of the incredible experiences I have. Someday right? Haha
I am so happy right now. I love serving the Lord. I know that the most joy that we can recieve to our soul is when we put of the natural man and put on us God's nature and LOVE as He does. That is what I am strving to do. I love you all and wish you a great week! Notice the Lord's hand in your life every day, you will be amazed. Be grateful, and never be ashamed of your testimony of Jesus Christ, Our Savior. Know it. Live it. Love it.
Elder Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment