Sent on November 4, 2013
Hoi my loved ones :) Thanks for all of the emails and letters!
This week was a tough one to swallow! It was the first week that we had 0 investigators at church since we started here on the Rez! Dang.. But, we had one of the most powerful testimony meetings ever with the people that were there. Sis. Rodartes daughter, Sheila, bore her testimony on how her parents were both changed because of the work of missionaries on the reservation and how big of an impact that has made. Then Bro. Peterson got up and bore a very powerful testimony. He comes out and works with us three different days a week for a couple hours and he is so engaged in the work. He was brought to tears as he talked about the people and the work. He paused for a moment and then looked at us and said very simply, "IF NOT US, THEN WHO?", the spirit hit me so hard. You all have no idea how much I just want to change someone's life here. You have no idea what kind of challenges and environments the kids here have to overcome. When you look into some of their eyes you can just feel them pleading to you to save them. Help them. I think we need to make some adjustments to the way that we work here. I haven't quite decided what it is that we need to change, but its gotta be something. I look forward to the challenge, and I am so grateful for the calling that the Lord has given me at this time to be here with these people. I love them, and it breaks my heart a lot of the time. But as I prayerfully seek to understand, the Lord has been providing me with patience and perseverance. I know that over time, Zion will be built in the hearts of these, His covenant people!
I am pumped that Tristan has decided to get baptized!! I didn't know him as well as I would have liked, but tell him that he is making the greatest decision he ever could. That his eternity will be changed! And he has so much happiness ahead of him if he will hold true to this covenant he will make! I am so happy for him.
M, I am glad you got some snow :) I am not sure if we will get any here? We will see I guess. I don't really care either way. I am just excited for the Spring and Summer again!
I was praying that Shane would win! That made my day.
Quote from Eddie Sumpay: " I am a hero, but not a leader."
CHALLENGE:
I challenge all who read this to use their social networking to share the gospel! Post something from Mormon Channel or LDS.org or mormon.org on Facebook and invite someone to explore these websites!
I love my mission so much! It is harder than anything I have ever done, especially right now. But I am all right with that. I experience happiness every day. And I can feel myself becoming more converted to the Lord every single day. I love you all so much and pray for you all the time! Have a great week!
Elder Cook
No comments:
Post a Comment