Hoi!
Hows it going everyone?! Thank you for all of your emails and letters! Auburn is great, still Zion! Had a great week!
I am sad to hear about Volleyball season being over for Addie. Sounds like she was pretty CLUTCH. Thats always good to be. I struggled at that sometimes haha. At least Addie you can say you tore it up in the last game instead of going 0-12 from behind the three point line. Ouch. But good work. I sure do love you and am proud of you and you still have lots of playing and competing to do!
Mom, I sent the shoes already today! Thanks.
Lets see. So this tuesday we had District Meetings and on Monday night I am talking to Elder Rodgers (one of the Zone Leaders) and he says that President Eaton is coming to my District Meeting. Talk about under pressure geez. I would rather be lining up for the game winning free throw a state than this, haha just kidding, I was pumped cause I knew President would add an even greater Spirit to the meeting. So the training I did was on teaching the Restoration and First Vision in a way that investigators connect the dots between what happened in the Sacred Grove and what is means to the world, and to them. So we want them to understand that this isn't just another good church, but it is the TRUTH. I invited President Eaton up to Role Play with me and asked him to be an investigator and I was the missionary. It was Powerful! I could just feel the Spirit working through me and together, President Eaton and I provided a great example of what should happen. I loved it! It was a great meeting and I took a lot away from it and so did the district. President Eaton is the greatest!
Then, President Eaton came out and worked on the Rez with Elder Lynch and I for two and a half hours! We wanted to find Frank Jerry and teach him, because he is the one that shut down Kaylee's baptism a few weeks ago. But we weren't able to find him. But we taught some great lessons and I learned a lot. He is a great teacher and leader!
Glorious news! Another "sowing" moment for Elder Cook! I love 'em. I don't know if you remember me ever writing about Shane and Michael Mack back when I was in White River. But Elder Davis and I found them one day. Michael is a less-active member that hasn't been to church in a long time and Shane is his non-member girlfriend and they have two kids and their own home. But we started teaching Shane and then a couple weeks later I got transferred. Well Shane really loved it and wanted to come to church and get baptized but she need to be married to Michael and he wasn't on the same page at this time so it wasn't going anywhere. But this last week the White River Elders, Elder Solomon and Elder Olsen, got a text from Shane and it said that they were ready to get married and she wanted to be baptized! Hoooooof daddy!!! They went over the next day and she is committed to be baptized on Nov. 16th! Glorious miracle! :)
I need to say thank you for all of the packages! I have gotten stuff from everyone in the family! The Hills, both Richardsons, Aunt Patti, Boltons, Grandma. Thank you all so much. I love you all and I pray for you every night!
I love serving on the Rez. We don't have any progressing investigators right now and things have been slow, but I have recieved a lot of help and love from my leaders this week. Elder Mckendrick called me this week and we talked about the work going on and he expressed his love and support. Elder McDonald and Elder Rodgers and I had a good talk last night about what success on a mission really means. I will never let me expectations go down for these people and this work though! We will continue to work and expect great miracles on the Reservation. I know it will all happen God's way and in God's time. I am very confident in that and it brings me peace. I love this work so much. There is nothing else I would rather be doing.
I hope and pray that you all have a great week! I love you so much! I jknow the Savior lives! I know Heavenly Father loves us! I know Joseph Smith was a prophet of God! The Truth has been restored! May we all spread the message with urgency and haste! Just imagine the joy that we will have spending eternity with those that accepted the gospel because we sought an opportunity to share. Miracles will happen if you will try and work them. By small and simple things, great things are brought to pass. So do something simple to share the gospel this week! Love you!
Love from the Rez,
Elder Cook
picture- my boy Tony shot himself an elk this week haha

No comments:
Post a Comment