Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Email 38: General Conference + Potluck + Judges


Sent on October 7, 2013
What a great week and weekend! Loved every minute of it.
General Conference BABY. Hoof.  Isn't it the greatest? I watched the first four sessions at the Stake Center in Auburn, but then we still had a church meeting on the Rez yesterday so I missed the last session and watched it last night at Bro Birds house. For me, it seemed like all of the impressions that came to me were focused on the rest of my life, not just on my missionary service right now. I came to a greater knowledge and desire to serve for the rest of my life, being consecrated to the Lord, and I am prepared to do whatever the Lord asks. I received a lot of revelation and insights on the lives of individual people here on the reservation, and I gained more insight on how to be a more powerful teacher. I loved Elder Uchtdorf, Elder Cook, Elder Scott, President Eyring.... Actually, I just loved them all. I loved hearing the prophet and felt as if he were truly speaking the words of God to His children. Overall, I felt the spirit very strongly this weekend and I am excited to continue to study the words that were spoken this weekend! I am happy all of you loved conference as well and I pray that your prayers were answered! 

We had an incredible church meeting this week. We did a testimony meeting. There were only sixteen people there, 5 nonmembers, but it was miraculous. There is a less active family that is  part native in the Game Farm Ward. They have a daughter on a mission in Las Vegas. They are struggling with the problems of the world and don't have much peace. We have been trying to help them i any way we can as a ward. But they surprised us and came to the meeting on the rez this week! And they brought two of their friends from Seattle. Two black kids that just lost there older brother 3 weeks ago. We had the sacrament and testimony meeting and the spirit was so strong. At the end, Bro. Hungary even bore his testimony along with the two kids from Seattle. It was glorious :) Lives were altered.
It has been so amazing to see so many little miracles combine to make great changes here on the Reservation. I just realized this week how much I have truly seen the Lord's hand in the past 8-9 months of my life. He is here with us! I love being His representative among these children of God!
I got to go on two exchanges this week! Elder Rodgers spent a day with me here on the Rez and then I went to Mill Pond for a day with Elder Young. I felt a deep love for these missionaries that I serve with! I loved teaching with them and working alongside them. The district is doing great! My goal for the district was to leave this transfer more powerful, consecrated missionaries having a greater love for the work. I know I have definitely felt that over the past few weeks and it is incredible to see all of the work that Sister Judd and Sister Martin do in the Lake Holm area as well as Elder Young and Elder Bagley in the Mill Pond area. I love AUBURN! Allll day.
Reminds me, transfers next week. Oh boy. We'll see. Im not sure what is going to happen.
BYU put the ole beatdown on the Aggs huh. Thats good.
It rains a lot here! Idaho prepared me well though. I have not yet really been cold on my mission yet save a few times I was soaking wet. But its great here, you should try it sometime.
We have a big potluck we are putting on this weekend on the Rez! Pray that we can get many people there. Sister Rodarte has been working hard on it and it should be a great opportunity to get to know many people!
Speaking of getting to know people. We got a call from a lady the other day and they want Elder Lynch and I to be the Halloween Costume Judges at the Muckleshoot Halloween Party haha! I guess some people like us! For reals though. When the buses pass taking kids home from school and they go by us, all the kids yell our names out the window and give us hang loose. Anytime anyone comes on exchange to the Rez they are amazed at how much people like us. Its great :) I will cry if I ever leave.
Well, I love this work and gospel more than ever! I am happy and I am excited for the week ahead of us. I know that the Savior is real. He can heal us. We can be forgiven. He can change us. We must offer our souls to Him. I know the commandments are there to bless us. We must live them without any degree of disobedience. This is such a happy life, continue to love and serve! I love you all and pray for you daily! Hoi!!
Love from the Rez,
Elder Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment