Monday, September 30, 2013

Email 37: Lana + Justice League Status + Dayle


Sent on September 30, 2013

Whats up everyone :) thanks for your emails! Glad to hear Addie's bday went well! Hope Dad does well on his test! I love hearing about all of the adventures going on back home.
The Rez baby. Its just great. We had some awesome miracles this week. A lady named Lana came to church! I met her my first week on the rez over four months ago and every single week she says she is "going to come next week." Well on Sunday morning we were out walking around before church and we see her outside. She tells us that she isn't feeling good and that she will come next week. So we went on. We set up the building for church and then I went out with Bro Bird to try and pick some people up and when I got back, Lana was sitting in the room. She just said. "I need something to change, and I have to stop putting it off." She still has much to overcome but what great faith. I loved it. We also had a less-active lady, Andrea, and her boyfriend, Justin, come this week! We have been inviting them and trying to work with them forever. They loved church and then fed us dinner last night! I want them so badly to grasp on to this and get on the path that leads to the temple where they can start an eternal family! We had 8 investigators at church overall, which is such a miracle! And none of the people that we were actually planning on being there came, so we have lots of work to do this week!
I have felt the strengthening and enabling power of the Atonement so present in my life recently. I continue to feel an increasing amount of patience, love, and joy every single week. The members that have been called to work out here with us are catching on fire too! We are out with them two nights a week, have a weekly meeting, and they work all sunday pretty much with us. Its pretty much Justice League Status. We go hard on the Rez.
Do you remember Dayle Manatad?? I worked with her for like the last month before I left White River. Well she moved to Lake Tapps (like 10 mins away) and she got baptized last weekend!! I was unable to go cause of stuff going on on the Rez but Elder Davis made it and I am attaching a picture of them!
So another beautiful miracle. My back went hard on me again this week out of know where. I could barely move. So after about two days I asked Elder Lynch, Elder Grandstaff, and Elder Rodgers to give me a blessing. Elder Rodgers annointed and Elder Lynch sealed the annointing. Woke up the next morning, healed. The priesthood is real and it is powerful. I know it and I am so grateful! My back hasn't hurt again all week.
SLIM MOMENT:
-Biggest freak out I have seen on my mission yet. Crazy lady went nuts on us yesterday in "the ghetto." (Nickname for one of the housing developments.) I mean, she went NUTS. She let us have it for like five minutes, followed us all the way to car, spit on us, and then yelled at us after we got in the car. Then... Bro Peterson and Bro Rodarte were in that same neighborhood like a half hour later, and she freaked out on them! It was just great. I wish you all could have been there with me haha. I felt bad, cause I pretty much told her she was crazy and she needed to stop talking. Not sure if that was the most Christlike thing to do or not, but she needed to back up a few steps.
Welllll. I am happy! I love it out here in Washington. Best mission in the world. We are working super hard. Trying to become better each day! I love these people, I love this Rez! I love you all! Praying for you! Have a great week!!

Elder Cook

P.S. Let me know if you have any specific questions you would like me to answer in my emails! Love you!

Elder Davis and Dayle

No comments:

Post a Comment