Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Email 36: Rain + President Miles + New District

Sent September 23, 2013

Rainy again in Washington! We enjoyed one of the hottest summers on record here but the rain has come again! I love it. Elder Lynch and I were out walking in a storm for two hours yesterday before church, it was just great :) Thanks for all of your emails and letters!


The mission is the best ever. I love this life. It is super hard, I am super tired, I laugh a lot, and my soul is just happy. We experienced a lot of ups and downs this week and it was the lowest week I have ever had on my mission in terms of lessons taught. We had 4 investigators at church, which is the lowest in a while, and we only found 1 new investigator, which is also a low. So on Sunday I was just racking my brain trying to think of what I needed to do differently. President Miles, the Auburn Stake President, taught the lesson for us at church on Sunday. He started out by saying that he felt impressed to share a story and he didnt know why. He told us about when he was on his mission and they had a little branch in Japan. They had a baptism scheduled for this awesome lady. No one from the branch showed up to the baptism. He said he was super disappointed about how the baptism was going until it actually happened, and she came up out of the water with the biggest smile on her face. He realized then that he could not be disappointed over things he cant control. Then he related it to this work we are doing on the Rez, and just said that we can never be discouraged or disappointed, but we must be firm, and we must be there every week, not to be disappointed by those who don't come, but to be there for those that do. His words and testimony brought me a lot of comfort and assurance that the Lord is still pleased with us, and that He will help us.

Baptisms!!! We are hoping and praying to have a couple baptisms this next weekend! Kaylee and Dylan Jerry, a brother and sister, are working towards it. They have been coming to church and their parents have even come a couple times. They are great kids with a desire to do what is right, and they have felt the spirit. Kaylee especially has a strong desire to make promises with God and to keep them. It has been great to help them and be a part of their lives and change their eternity!

I never told you that I got a new district. Elder Bagley and Elder Young in the Mill Pond Ward and Sister Judd and Sister Martin in the Lake Holm Ward. Elder Bagley is from Cedar Hills and is from the same ward as Evan, Jordan, and Brandon Wiscombe. But the Lord has been blessing us so much! Every area has at least one baptism set up for this transfer so great things are happening! 

Dylan got called to Portland! That is super sweet. Elder Lynch's best friend is a Zone Leader in Portland right now and says it is just great. I am so pumped for Mason to get here. I put my word in with Elder Mckendrick to get him to Auburn haha, so we will see what happens :)

Addie, have fun at homecoming!

Brig, keep being a star on the field. Hoof. 

Brynne and Clark, duck dynasty? Really. Thats impressive.

M and D. You guys are just great :)

I cant believe BYU lost. What the heck. Whatever though.

I need more sleep, but I wont ever get it!! Hah, i tried the melatonin but it makes me groggy in the morning and I hate it. So just keep praying that I will get enough! Im all good :)

Everything is great here :) Loving it more and more every week. I love you all so much! Thanks for your prayers. Have the best week! 

Elder Cook

- I am really happy in the picture, just super wet. Gotta love it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment