Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Email 40: Veronica + Fly + D&C 123:11-17


Sent October 21, 2013 

Whats up all ya'll!! Hows it going?! I am glad you all had such a great week! I felt bad that last week was transfers and I wasn't able to get Brig a birthday card, but I got one for him and it is going to be there this week! It was a good week on the Rez! Ups and downs, but I love love it!
First off, great miracle. So about six months ago when I was in White River with Elder Davis we were at an apartment complex with the Elders Quorum helping some members move in. Well we were waiting for the truck to get there, and I just had the thought that we needed to go and find someone. So i told Elder Davis and we walked to the other side of the complex into this little courtyard thing. We saw a young mother watching her kids play at the park so we went and talked to her. She was Spanish. So I used my limited spanish that I had learned the transfer before. Due to the lack of the ability to communicate, it wasn't going anywhere. I was just going to ask her if she wanted the spanish sisters to come by, but the Spirit told me that I needed to invite here to be baptized. So out of know where, I invited her to be baptized in Spanish. She said yes! Then, I didn't know anything else to say so we just got her apartment number. Well her name is Veronica, she has a young family, and this past week she got baptized and confirmed in the White River Ward! :) I love her so much and even thought I havent met all of her family I will love them forever.
SLIM MOMENT: 
You are going to love this. So last night we were at Tonio and Guadalupe's home. A young couple, not married yet, but two kids. They are both half-native half-hispanic. Tonio has become one of our great friends because he works on the Rez. So we were at their house last night and we were sitting at the table and all of the sudden this fly flies in front of us all. Guadalupe starts to say, "We have been trying to kill that fly ALL... BAM, I snatched it out of mid air! Haha Tonio freaked out and just kept saying, "All right Miagi, all right Miagi!" Haha it was hilarious. I don't really know what happened, but I just remember feeling super confident that I was going to catch that fly the moment I saw it! Great moment in history :)
So Elder Lynch and I taught this week at church! There were 11 people there, only a couple Natives. It was a rough week for church. Satan is going hard on the Rez, but we can handle that. We have the greatest members working with us on the Rez. We had a great talk with Bro. Peterson about how the week that the Savior wasn't there for church, no one went. So sometimes, you go through some tough spells, but it will come, all in the Lord's time! :) We are just focused on bringing the Spirit into these people's lives any way that we can. WE are doing everything we can to get anyone and everyone reading the Book of Mormon. It is a lot of work! A lot of prayer! A lot of fun!
I am glad you all got to enjoy Kristen's talk! I knew it would be great. Happy that you all got to spend some time together!
I love the scriptures so much! Finished the Book of Mormon this week and I started in Acts and am in the New Testament. It is incredible. Learning so much!
My new favorite scripture. D&C 123:11-17!! Hoof! 
11 And also it is an imperative duty that we owe to all the rising generation, and to all the pure in heart—

 12 For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties, and denominations, who are ablinded by the subtle bcraftiness of men, whereby they lie in wait to cdeceive, and who are only kept from the truth because they dknow notwhere to find it—
 13 Therefore, that we should waste and awear out our lives in bringing to light all the bhidden things of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven—
 14 These should then be attended to with great aearnestness.
 15 Let no man count them as small things; for there is much which lieth in futurity, pertaining to the saints, which depends upon these things.
 16 You know, brethren, that a very large ship is abenefited very much by a very small helm in the time of a storm, by being kept workways with the wind and the waves.
 17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us acheerfully bdo all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see thecsalvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.
I love that :) I love getting to wear out my life in the service of our God, and of our Savior. Keep choosing right, keep being the light. I love you all and pray for you all! Have a great week!
Elder Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment