Monday, December 2, 2013

Email 45: Transfers + Confirmation + "Mercy League"


Sent on November 26, 2013

Hello Everyone! Lots to report this week! Thank you for all of your emails and letters :) I love them.
You are wondering about transfers huh? Haha I am staying on the reservation!! And I am pumped for it. I went on exchange with Elder McDonald, one of my Zone Leaders,  this week on Friday and he told me that I have ONE MORE. I got six more big weeks on the Rez, then I am leaving Auburn. So I guess that is the plan for me right now. I am not going to worry at all about next transfer until it happens, because it is the greatest time of the year, and I get to serve in the greatest area in the world for it. Native life for me.
I had the opportunity this Sunday to be the voice of Shane Mack's confirmation in White River!! I got to go back to my old ward for part of Sacrament Meeting, say hi to people that I love, and then give Shane the Holy Ghost. It was a powerful experience. So this is incredible. I don't know if you all remember any of my emails from my 3rd transfer in White River when I was with Elder Davis. But let me tell you, that was a rough transfer. We worked and worked and worked, didn't eat, prayed and searched, but no matter what happened everything seemed to fall through for us. We always wondered why, and Elder Davis and I had a hard time trying to understand what was happening. BUT! Since that transfer, 5 PEOPLE that Elder Davis and I either found or did most of their teaching have been baptized. I look back on it all and I am just so grateful and so happy :)
It was a miraculous week here amongst the 'Shoots :) At the beginning of the month President Eaton had each companionship set a goal for the number of Less-Actives that we were going to help come back to church. Elder Lynch and I set a goal of 3. So there are actually quite a few LA members here on the Rez. but most of them were baptized when they were kids and haven't been around the gospel for many many years. So it is almost like starting over, but they still have a little spark of it in them. This sunday we broke our goal and had 4 LA's come to church! Esperanza, Mary Lou, Lola, and Pug! It was GLOOOORIUS. I know God helped us in a major way!
I have raved a lot about the members that we get to work with her on the Rez. Bro Bird, Bro Peterson, Bro Rodarte, Bro Gentry, Bro Barker, Sis Rodarte, and Sis Carnahan. We are amping that even more. I am pumped about this. Last night it just came to me. We created a group on our phone called the "Mercy League" (ya know, kinda like Justice League), and we texted them all and reminded them of Alma 6:6 and told them that we were going to send regular texts to the group about miracles we have had and who we need to pray for so that we could "join in fasting and prayer on behalf of those who know not God". Then at the end we just said, "let us know if you're in." It was super sweet. They all texted back within an hour and everyone was pumped for it. WE are going to see miracles from it I know!
I cannot believe it is Thanksgiving this week! Holy. Well I hope that you can all feel the gratitude that I have for each and every one of you individually. I love you all so much. I love our family and I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have of the gospel. I am grateful for the covenants that we have made, that if kept will allow us to live together forever. I am so grateful for my opportunity to be here in Washington, and on the Reservation. I love it all so much!
One thing I am very sad about. Elder Rodgers is getting transferred to Renton. We both came to Auburn together and have been here since the very beginning. He has been my best friend and I will miss serving in the same Zone and Ward has him. He is one of those that I will be hanging with in the next life (referring to post-mission) for sure.
This week is going to be a great one!  I love you all so much! My prayers are with you!
Love from the Rez,
Elder Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment