So here is the deal. President Eaton emailed me this week. I got five weeks left on the Rez. I am going harder than Ty Detmer during his Heisman season. I am already starting to cry because I have to leave, but I am pumped for a december on the Rez! :) This week was a great one! Holy. So there is a man named Robert Pacheco. He is a less-active that I have been working with for almost six months! We have, over the past couple of months, made our way into his home and had some lessons with him. Bro Bird has been fellowshipping the heck out of him. And this Sunday, for the first time in some 40 years, Robert came to church!!!! You all have no stinkin IDEA how happy I was when I saw that beautiful 67 year old native man stroll into the room. I was filled with a sweet joy and happiness sent from above. It was one of the greatest single moments of my mission. Patience patience patience my loved ones. It pays in the end. But we still have a ways to go with Robert. We are hoping to get him on the path to obtaining the priesthood and becoming a leader in this branch!!
We had Thanksgiving dinner at the Anderson's home. It was verrry good :) there was this cream corn dish that made me want to die. Because I was so happy. It was a great thanksgiving. We got to have a mission activity on thanksgiving morning as well! Half of the mission came to the Auburn stake center and half went to Federal Way. We got to play basketball and volleyball for three hours. Of course I was on the basketball side the whole time. I crossed over Elder Basilius, between his legs and to the hoop and left him lying on the floor in the fetal position sucking on his thumb. Literally. He did that. Hahaha it was a lot of fun!
Elder Lynch and I have been on a finding rampage! I am a little mad at myself for not doing this sooner but maybe it was all in the grand timing of things. But we know there are many Natives scattered thoughout all of Auburn but we just don't know where. AND I WANT TO FIND THEM!! So we have been running through complexes and trailor courts and asking every person we see where the natives are. We received 14 referrals this week! That is 14 native homes that I did not know of before. I am on a mission in these next five weeks to bring all of these Natives out of hiding! :)
Brigham. Elder Lynch and I love the bacon :) we are still working on it. That was a greater idea than when the Wright brothers first conceived the airplane.
Mom. I trade ties with people, but I didn't think anyone in that picture was weariing one of my ties. And no they were not making fun of me. I have just been in auburn for almost 11 months now so "hang-loose" is our trademark! :)
I am happy that you all decided to wait til I leave to go on a vacation to Park City for Thanksgiving and spend a Sunday with the general authorities! Haha just kidding I am grateful that all of you had a great thanksgiving!
We are working super hard here and I am loving it! Keep on praying for these people. It breaks my heart to see how they live and how much they have to overcome. But patience and faith by those who have been called to serve them is going to bring about great miracles among them. I am sad that I won't be here to see it all, but these people will forever be in my heart!
I love you all so much! I hope you have a great week! Be happy, love lots, and live right!
Your Native,
Elder Cook
picture 1- the tribe gave elder Lynch and I two thanksgiving feasts! We gave one to a man named James and we still have another turkey in our freezer!


No comments:
Post a Comment