Sent on January 28, 2014
Hello my looooved ones! I just got back from the temple! Loved loved loved it. It was so special to be there with the whole zone. As I looked at everyone in the room God just blessed me with a great love for them all. It was an incredible morning! The Temple is literally the best place on this earth!! Gosh. I wish I didnt have to wait another year to go back. But I am just grateful we got to go when some missionaries don't get to go their whole mission.
Everyone. This week has been incredible. I felt like I took a new step in life. For reals. I am finally starting to understand what it is like to "talk with God." Never have I felt so close to him. Never have I received so much guidance and revelation. It is exhausting haha. But you all don't even know how much I love life right now! God is so good.
Here is a sweet experience. On Saturday morning, Elder Cannon and I had to go and fill the font for the Spanish Sisters baptism that was at 11 am. We have been having this huge focus in the zone on getting people inside the church to baptisms and church tours. We didn't have anyone coming to this baptism.. I remembered some recent-converts in Auburn who were found 15 mins before a baptism and invited to come and they came and felt the spirit so strongly and got back baptized four weeks later. (luis and pon in White River). I turned to Elder Cannon and said, "God needs us to find someone to come to this baptism. We drove out, parked on a random street (10th ave S in Fed way) knocked on a couple doors, no answer. Chase a few people down the street, they didnt want to come haha. Then we knock on the house on the corner of 10th and 308th. Eric Ahfua answers. Huge kid, samoan, obviously a football player (fullback). I connected with him with football and then just asked "will you come with us to a baptism right now?" He says, "Ya sure let me go and get a jacket" haha it was so sweeeeeet! He came and he actually knows BJ, one of the young men really well. Not only that but Eric is best friends with Adam, another new investigator we found this week. NOT A COINCIDENCE MY FRIENDS! So glorious.
Isaac just needs to pick a day! He could be baptized this week even! THe language barrier is kind of hard so that is a problem. But he understands what he is doing and he loves the church and he feels the spirit so strong! I love GHANANS! Here is an awesome story. Last night Brother Edmiston called us and said that Regina (Isaac's daughter) called him and asked for a blessing. He told us he couldn't go but that we would come and give here one. She has been sick for a couple of weeks. Her thought of a blessing is that we would come over and pray for her. When we told her how we did blessings she, nor her family, really understood but they agreed. Well Elder Cannon annointed her and I sealed the annointing. The spirit was strong. Here is the awesome part. Remember, they have never seen this happen before. But as I was blessing her, all of the sudden I feel an extra pair of hands. on top of mine. I look and Isaac had decided to join in. Then Regina's husband put a hand on, then her kids put their hands up on her, even little Jeremiah (5) climbed up the chair to put a hand on her head. At first I wasn't sure what to do, but then the spirit whispered "they don't know, they are just full of faith" and it was so true. These beautiful people love God so much. They could feel the spirit and they just wanted to add their prayer. It was a great blessing, and she had great promises made to hear. I love them with all of my heart.
We found more FAMILIES!!! This is so great. We found a family this week, the Bents! Bo, Mary, Vasil (10), Jaden (6), and Dawson (1.5). Here is the glorious part: I have met them before! They are NATIVE BABY!!! They were at one of the Pow-Wows up on Muckleshoot this summer. Once we made that connection it was like we were all best friends! They came on a church tour on Sunday night and the Evans family came to be their fellowhship. It turns out that Vasil is in the same class as Ryder, and Jayden is in the same class as the Evans' daughter (cant remember her name right now :/)! It was perfect! They really want to come to church and learn as a family! Gotta love families :)
Everyone. This week has been incredible. I felt like I took a new step in life. For reals. I am finally starting to understand what it is like to "talk with God." Never have I felt so close to him. Never have I received so much guidance and revelation. It is exhausting haha. But you all don't even know how much I love life right now! God is so good.
Here is a sweet experience. On Saturday morning, Elder Cannon and I had to go and fill the font for the Spanish Sisters baptism that was at 11 am. We have been having this huge focus in the zone on getting people inside the church to baptisms and church tours. We didn't have anyone coming to this baptism.. I remembered some recent-converts in Auburn who were found 15 mins before a baptism and invited to come and they came and felt the spirit so strongly and got back baptized four weeks later. (luis and pon in White River). I turned to Elder Cannon and said, "God needs us to find someone to come to this baptism. We drove out, parked on a random street (10th ave S in Fed way) knocked on a couple doors, no answer. Chase a few people down the street, they didnt want to come haha. Then we knock on the house on the corner of 10th and 308th. Eric Ahfua answers. Huge kid, samoan, obviously a football player (fullback). I connected with him with football and then just asked "will you come with us to a baptism right now?" He says, "Ya sure let me go and get a jacket" haha it was so sweeeeeet! He came and he actually knows BJ, one of the young men really well. Not only that but Eric is best friends with Adam, another new investigator we found this week. NOT A COINCIDENCE MY FRIENDS! So glorious.
Isaac just needs to pick a day! He could be baptized this week even! THe language barrier is kind of hard so that is a problem. But he understands what he is doing and he loves the church and he feels the spirit so strong! I love GHANANS! Here is an awesome story. Last night Brother Edmiston called us and said that Regina (Isaac's daughter) called him and asked for a blessing. He told us he couldn't go but that we would come and give here one. She has been sick for a couple of weeks. Her thought of a blessing is that we would come over and pray for her. When we told her how we did blessings she, nor her family, really understood but they agreed. Well Elder Cannon annointed her and I sealed the annointing. The spirit was strong. Here is the awesome part. Remember, they have never seen this happen before. But as I was blessing her, all of the sudden I feel an extra pair of hands. on top of mine. I look and Isaac had decided to join in. Then Regina's husband put a hand on, then her kids put their hands up on her, even little Jeremiah (5) climbed up the chair to put a hand on her head. At first I wasn't sure what to do, but then the spirit whispered "they don't know, they are just full of faith" and it was so true. These beautiful people love God so much. They could feel the spirit and they just wanted to add their prayer. It was a great blessing, and she had great promises made to hear. I love them with all of my heart.
We found more FAMILIES!!! This is so great. We found a family this week, the Bents! Bo, Mary, Vasil (10), Jaden (6), and Dawson (1.5). Here is the glorious part: I have met them before! They are NATIVE BABY!!! They were at one of the Pow-Wows up on Muckleshoot this summer. Once we made that connection it was like we were all best friends! They came on a church tour on Sunday night and the Evans family came to be their fellowhship. It turns out that Vasil is in the same class as Ryder, and Jayden is in the same class as the Evans' daughter (cant remember her name right now :/)! It was perfect! They really want to come to church and learn as a family! Gotta love families :)
I am just going to warn you all right now..BIG THINGS are happening. I am pumped right now! And the text is going double-spaced and I don't know how to fix it so everyone is going to have to deal with it haha.
I love you all! I love this work! I am doing so well. Thank you for everything! Keep being "LIGHTS!" Til next week!
Elder Cook
No comments:
Post a Comment