Sent on February 3, 2014
Hey hey! Whats up everyone! Another great week at the beach! Thanks for all of your emails! Sounds like it was an adventurous week with the flood and all, hope that gets solved.
Big news that cannot wait! Isaac Adu is getting baptized this Saturday!!!! I am pumped out of my mind right now! So he has been coming to church and coming to our Wednesday night "Gospel Discussion" that Elder Cannon and I teach every wednesday at the chapel and the Spirit has been working on him bigtime. He has been reading the Book of Mormon every day, as well as the Gospel Principles manual. For the last two weeks he has said he wants to be baptized but that is all we could get. Elder Call, the Area Seventy, was in Federal Way this weekend and he wanted to make a couple of visits to investigators so Bishop Ross set it up for him to meet Isaac. So Elder Call, President Nicholls, Bishop Ross, and Bro. Edmiston went to Isaac's Sunday after church and had a great talk with him! It was actually before that though, on the way home from church, that he told Bro Edmiston he wanted to be baptized this saturday!!! He is so happy about it. He will go back to Ghana and be an incredible, powerful priesthood leader there. And his ultimate goal is to go into the temple in Ghana! I already plan on going there to visit him someday! He has asked me like four times if I have a wife and I keep saying, "not yet" then gives me this look like "you need a wife" so I explain to him that I will get married after my mission and he says "if you need help I will find you a wife in Ghana!" hahaha we all laughed so hard.
While on exchange with one of the district leaders, Elder Orr, we went down to the
Boardwalk on the Beach. It was super sweet. We gathered some people together and had them look out over the beautiful Puget Sound and sang "How Great Thou Art" (God told me to do that the night before while praying). Afterward we taught two of them a brief lesson and got their address. Then taught another family and got their address for the Elders in Spanaway. Then we taught Izzy, who was at the end of the Boardwalk, and taught him an awesome lesson as the sun was setting over the Sound. It is crazy how AMAZING things happen when you do what God says. Actually... it really isn't that crazy, it is just what happens!
Anyways, keep it on the down-low, not sure what is going to happen with that haha.
SLIM MOMENT: Last night, we were at the Harry's house. A man knocks on the door, when we answer he gets this super sad look on his face and says "I am sorry, I am looking for my family." Then he just walks off. So Elder Cannon and I go out to help him and turns out he is drunk out of his mind, and couldn't find his way back to the place where all of his family and friends were. After 20 minutes of walking with him trying to find it and him yelling "Tammy! Baby!" as well as random screams of frustration, he just says "Im done. Im done. Thank you but you can go now, I am walking home." So we left and then drove around the complex and somehow we found his family. We told them we would go and get him. We drove around for ten minutes looking for him and he was no where to be found.... So I really hope my boy Terry found his way home last night... Gotta love the Super Bowl in Seattle!
No comments:
Post a Comment