Sent May 8, 2013
Hey hey hey everyone! I know you are all just dying to know about transfers this week.... Well I am still in White River! Thank goodness. I love it here and I wasn't ready to leave and I know there is more for me to do here! But I got a new companion too! His name is Elder Davis, and this is the start of his 5th transfer. He got called to be a district leader here. So we are together and ready to roll! He is from Lindon, Utah and went to Timpanogas High and is Hawaiian. Ask Kristen about him, she already knows him. She has actually written him a letter haha! She can tell you the story. I love him to death already and I am super stoked for this transfer! Great things are going to happen :)
So the last week was truly a great one. On Saturday we had a mission conference that was incredible. Elder Aidukatis from the first quorum of the seventy came to the mission and spoke to us. It was a three hour meeting that I never wanted to end, kind of like conference. But he spoke to us about how they are pleased with our mission, that we are doing great things and they are happy with the work that we are doing, but they are not satisfied! The work is hastening, there ARE people prepared everywhere that are ready to recieve the gospel. He talked about having more faith, really catching on to the vision that the Prophet has received about how the work is go forth from here on out. His main message was that God is and always will be a God of MIRACLES, and that miracles come after faith. I left with a stronger desire to work than ever before and it is still just taking me over! Elder Aidukatis told us that "you CAN baptize every single week if you PAY THE PRICE." I thought a lot about what the price was that I needed to pay and as I was laying there pondering in my bed it came to me. "The price you must pay is you. The Savior offered Himself. If you want to be like Him, you must do the same." It is about surrendering my will to the will of the Father, just as the Savior did. If we do the work His way, and do the the things He has asked, putting aside any wishes dreams, desires that we have for our selves, that sacrifice of our will to Him WILL bring forth the blessings of heaven. I am so excited to continue to strive to do that the best I can and help the work progress in the White River area!!!
Thanks for all of the pictures! Those were great. Shane... never mind. I love you all and it was so good to see a lot of faces!
So Dayle hasn't been in contact with us for almost two weeks so we just aren't worrying about it. We have done all we can do and we just pray that whatever is going on that she will come to us when she realizes the importance of baptism. We had 4 investigators at church on Sunday so that was good! We need more though. But Naomi, an investigator from a month and a half ago came back to church and we put her back on date for baptsim for May 25! That was a great miracle!
I wish I had more time to email but we didn't get a chance to yesterday because of transfers and they gave us limited time today just to let you know about transfers and how we are doing! So I dont have a lot of time.
Oh ya for next week I do want to try Skyping. Some missionaries do and some don't but I would like to and see if it is the best thing! So set up some skype accounts and figure it all out and I will figure out how to get a hold of you on Sunday. I am not sure how it will all work, but it will work :) I am excited to see you all in a few days :) You can see if I really have changed at all yet! Haha
I got the pants and shirts! Thank you so much :)
I love you all so much. I hope you can feel that every single day. I love this work. It is hard, really hard. But I am so happy. I love being here in the Washington Seattle Mission. It is truly the greatest mission in the world. I wish everyone could experience it!
Keep loving, keep smiling, and have a week, make it great!!! I love you!
Elder Cook


No comments:
Post a Comment