Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Email 17: Talking on Mother's Day+ 131 people + Truth


Sent on May 13, 2013

Hey hey hey :) it was so glorious to see all of you yesterday! Everyone looks the same, everyone looks happy. Our family is growing so much and it is so exciting. I am glad we got to laugh with each other and hear each others voices! I look forward to seeing you all again during Christmas time! I love you all so much and am more than grateful to call you my family.
 
When I got off the skype call I felt an extreme amouont of love and happiness for my family and close friends that I am so close to because of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I knelt down pleaded in gratitude to my Heavenly Father for giving me so much. I rededicated myself to Him and promised Him that I would do all that was in my power to bring His other children that same happiness. I am ready to get back to work and give it all that I have!
 
 So. The work in White River. I love this place. I love the people here. Elder Davis and I are ready to light it up. We are basically starting fresh. No solid investigators right now. But let me tell you this. God is and always will be a God of miracles. So get ready to hear about them cause they are for sure coming :) We are going to work til we drop. Many great and glorious things ahead :)
 
I love the Washington Seattle Mission so much. I cannot say enough about it. Here you can find obedient, hard-working, loving missionaries. Miracles happen here EVERY SINGLE DAY. As a mission we put 131 people on date in one day on Friday. You cannot tell me that the Lord is not hastening His work and that the Spirit is not ever-present and working in the Washington Seattle Mission!
 
 Good luck Brynne and Clark with your new jobs coming up! That will be exciting to be a part of. I love you guys so much and appreciate your examples. Addie, I am so excited to hear about how State goes. Just remember, anything can happen. Give it your very best, have the time of your life, and love it all and you will walk away a winner. Brig, congrats on all the success you have been having in sports and school. Yes, you are smarter and more atheltic than I was at that age, but I will still be able to take you when I get home, don't worry :) Mom and Dad, I thank you with everything that I have for raising up a family with a foundation on Jesus Christ. All of this stems from you. I love you both so much and I am so happy with the directions we are heading as a family! :)
 
Kristen just told me she is going to serve a mission!!! I am so happy for her.

Tell the rest of the fam hello for me! I love getting there letters and goodies! :) tell them thank you and that I love them more than they know.
 
And to everyone out there.... this is all true. Every single part. One of the definitions of truth in the dictionary is reality. And I am here to tell you that the reality is that God's kingdom is on the Earth. His priesthood power has been extended to worthy men on the Earth. Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of All mankind. There is nothing greater that we can be a part of. This gospel is worth every sacrifice that we can make on this earth. There is nothing that will bring greater happiness. I just plead with you all to hold on to it for all that you are worth. It truly is the "cool" thing to do. I love you all :) keep being a light for the nations. Keep loving and serving. Keep praying, keep reading. Keep allowing Jesus Christ to creat a God out of you, because that is truly what He will do if you give yourself to Him!
 
Elder Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment