Hello Family :) all is well in the Washington Seattle Mission! We got to go to the temple today. It was incredible. I love going there. I felt an incredible Spirit today that got me so excited to get back out in the field this week! The Seattle Temple is incredible. Hope you enjoy some pictures I will send!
What to say about this week. It was glorious :) haha it always is. We had another really tough week finding people and before church on Sunday we had 0 commitments to come to church. 0. But I was happy. I knew we hard worked our faces off for a week and that the Lord would provide a way and that we would have people at church. In the 20 minutes prior to sacrament meeting we watched 7 non-members come into church. Only one of them is a progressing investigator but it was still a witness to me that the Lord provides, and it was wonderful to share that time at church with some people that had never been there before!
So, that one progressing investigator though... MIRACLE!! Her name is Makayla and she is 15 years old. She came to church for the first time this week with Emelia Wilkinson, one of the young women in the ward. After church she told us that she loved it so much and that she wants to get baptized. We gave her a book of mormon and that night she told emelia that she loved it. She then posted on facebook that she is officially becoming a mormon! haha so we have a lesson with her tomorrow to set everything up but she should be getting baptized eitherthis sunday night or next saturday, on the 8th! The Lord knows who is prepared and He will lead us to them, or He will lead them to us!
The work in White River is slowly but surely picking up speed! We are making changes on how we are going to work with the ward better in order to find those that are truly prepared. I have been thinking and praying about it a lot and I know this ward has the potential to be an example for the WORLD on how missionary work will go about. We will continue to get better and truly work the way that the Lord intends us to work! It is a lot of coordination and hard work, but the work is hastening! And we need to keep up!!
This week has been crazy throughout the mission though! If you read the newsletter that I sent it talks about how we needed to baptize 51 people by the end of the month in order to reach our goal of 100. Well the mission has been working harder than ever before, and we have been seeing miracles! 27 people were baptized this weekend and we are now currently at 77 baptisms for the month. We have 20 people on-date to be baptized by the end of the month as well! We are so close. We know that the Lord will help us achieve this goal if our desires are righteous and we are obedient! So keep praying for these people! We are building Zion!!! :)
I love this Work! :) I love our Savior, Jesus Christ. He is everything. We must continually center our lives around Him and His Atonement. We have a loving Heavenly Father that has a great and glorious Plan for us! Share it with everyone! Be your testimony, and don't ever be afraid to proclaim the truth! I love you all!
Elder Cook




No comments:
Post a Comment