Thursday, June 20, 2013

Email 22: "The Rez" + Disappointment + Transfers + Federal Way!!!


Received on June 19, 2013

I can't wait to be Brynne's teammate when we play word on the street when I get back!
 
The new "Rez" Elder. Read on!
 
Hey hey!! :) Thank you all for the emails this week! I loved them. As you all know, transfers were this week, and I will tell you I would never have guessed what ended up happening! I got a call on Monday night after planning and they told me I was being "in-zone" transferred, meaning I was leaving White River but staying in the Auburn Zone. I was really sad but super excited at the same time to figure out where I was going to serve next. Transfer meeting was at 2 oclock and so I had to wait til then to find out where I was going, and you will never believe it! I have been called to serve in the Game Farm B area... Elder Erekson is my new companion. He has been out for 1 transfer so I am finishing his training. He was serving in the Game Farm ward already. But we have been called to open this new area, and we will  be working with a newly called 3rd counselor in the Game Farm ward, Brother Bird. Just two weeks ago he was called and sustained in coordination to help build the "Muckleshoot Branch", so we will be serving and working on the Reservation! Native Americans! Goodness. I never would have saw it coming. We have no investigators, no idea where anything is. We are trying to get everything started with Brother Bird. There is a lot, a lot, a lot of work ahead of us, but I am excited :) we are going to build a branch here. And continue to see Zion in its glory and beauty rise!
 
Alma 17:11 is our motto.
 
I am really going to miss the people in White River. I love the members and our investigators there. I am so grateful I got to serve there to start my mission! And I didnt even have to move apartment complexes. They just moved us to the apartment above the White River Elders where the Spanish Elders used to live (there are no longer Spanish Elders in White River, just Spanish Sisters, English Sisters, and English Elders!)
 
So as for my last week in White River. Mary did not get baptized. It was super sad. It is a real long story. But to sum it up, she was living with a guy, which is ok unless they have had a relationship ever in their lives, and it turned out that they had had a relationship like 5 years ago, so we told her we had to hold off on her baptism until one of them could find another place to live. I felt like we handled the situation really well and the Spirit was definitely there. She seemed ok with it all and was still excited to read and come to church when we left. We called her on Saturday before our lesson and she told us she didn't want to see us anymore. It was terrible. I was so sad and so was Elder Davis. But we just keep praying for her and hope that there is a point in her life where she turns to the gospel again. So it ended up being a pretty rough week for my last week in White River. I felt terrible because I didnt leave the area with many real solid investigators, but Elder Davis and I worked hard, really hard. 
 
FEDERAL WAY MISSION BABY!! We have the best missionaries here. I am so stoked to be in this mission! We are going to change the world!! President Eatn comes in 9 days! President and Sister Larkin are so sad that they have to leave. They are giving it everything they have til the very end. I love them so much. They have changed my life and I will be their friend for eternity! 
 
There is so much work ahead of Elder Erekson and I! We are ready though. I have asked the Lord many times to please give me anything, give me everything. I will do whatever He asks me to do! I love this work so much. I love this mission and the missionaries here. I love the Auburn Zone, and I love Native Americans :) I know without any doubt that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know this is the work of the Lord. The work is hastening and I am more than grateful to be a part of it. I love you all so much! I hope you can feel that. Thank you for everything! I LOVE YOU :)
 
Elder Cook
 

No comments:

Post a Comment