Monday, June 24, 2013

Email 23: Muckleshoot Tribe + The Broadcast + Brigham + An Extension???


Received on June 24, 2013
Elder Cook tista tool ulchud Idaho!
-not sure on the spelling but that is how you say "I am Elder Cook and Im from Idaho" in woolshootsee (not sure how to spell that either) which is the dialect of the Muckleshoot Tribe.
 
Hey hey everyone! What a glorious week its been :) Thank you for all of your emails!
 
So the broadcast yesterday, the most beautful thing in the world. I was crying, literally. I loved it so much. I hope you all could feel the power that I felt as I sat next to my fellow missionaries in my zone and listened to apostles of the Lord reveal to us exactly how we are going to fulfill the Savior's commission to find, teach, and baptize all nations! The spirit was so strong. I am so excited for the changes that are about to happen. I can just feel the miracles coming :)
 
Elder Erekson and I had a great week! It was super tough! We started out with 0 investigators and not really an idea of what we should do. But we ended up being able to teach 32 lessons this week and found 8 new investigators, three of which are natives! So President Miles and President Rodarte are hoping to meet with the Muckleshoot Tribal Council within this week to talk to them about a place we can meet on the reservation. We are still waiting for everything to get underway with the building of the branch so we are working both the reservation and the Game Farm Ward until further notice! I am just beyond excited for all of the glorious miracles that are going to happen here shortly!
 
Elder Erekson is from South Jordan, Utah. He is 18 years old, turns 19 on July 27. He played soccer with Sam Watkins in high school. He is super athletic, more so than me. He golfed and played soccer. He is a stud and he is more than willing to work his face off with me. I think he likes me. We get along super great and we are going to see miracles this week!
 
The last week of the Washington Seattle Mission as we know it.. It is going to be glorious! One last week for all of us to thrust in our sickle with all of our might together along with President and Sister Larkin. This is the greatest mission with the greatest missionaries! I love it!
 
Brigham that is awesome that you have been called to be the new Deacon's Quorum President. That is a very important calling. You hold Priesthood keys in the kingdom of God on the earth. You have stewardship over ALL deacon-age young men within the ward boundaries. When I was watching the broadcast yesterday before I even knew you had been called as this I had a distinct prompting that "Brigham has many people he needs to help right now." So Go and Do little bro! Minister to the other young men. Build their faith and testimonies by the way you live, love, and serve. I love you!
 
I love this work so much. I have so much hope for the Muckleshoot people right now. We are not really sure how it is going to happen, or when. But I have been praying and hoping with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength that the Lord will use Elder Erekson and I to build a branch of the kingdom of God amongst these people, the blood of Israel. It is all I can think about. I honestly don't ever want to leave this area. I would be perfectly happy to stay here the rest of my mission and work to help these people become "self-sufficient" in the gospel. We will see what the Lord has in store.
 
I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World. I know that Joesph Smith was a true prophet. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and evidence of the Restoration. I know these things! I love this gospel so much! I probably will never come home. Maybe the first thing I will talk with President Eaton about is getting an extension. Haha. I love it all so much. I hope you all know that. I cannot stress enough how important that it is that we make the Gospel and our Families the #1 priorites in our lives. They must be our life! I love you all so much! Til next week!
 
Hoit!  (goodbye)
Elder Cook
 
Alma 26!


The Auburn Skyline

No comments:

Post a Comment