Hellooo!! Whats up everyone! Thanks for all of your emails! I cant believe it is preparation day already. This week flew by so fast. It was a great one though, like always haha.
I dont really know where to start! First off, Dad, I definitely used my left foot when I kicked the dog. I have no power or coordination behind my right foot haha. I am glad to hear that Girls Camp went so well! And Addie and Brig are starting up fall sports, thats amazing. Geez. I am so excited for you guys! It is really weird to think that Dad will be working at the middle school and not in Logan, but I know it will be an extreme blessing for all of you back home and you are all going to enjoy a lot of time together!
Oh, before I forget, Mom, did you ever get the birthday card I sent you? And thanks for the CD package. I am excited to get it! Elder Lynch and I have a couple but we only really like two songs so we just listen to those two all day haha. But on to this week!
So all week was really stressful. The reason being that the Sla-Hal shed, where we met for church last week, is up for reservation by anyone in the tribe so it was already reserved for this weekend. So all week we were struggling to find a building to meet in, or trying to get the tribe to allow us to use another one. Well that didn't happen so we resorted to our last option, to meet outside! And I will tell you I am so happy that is what we had to do! We met right by the sla-hal shed underneath a pavilion that contains park equipment. We just brought chairs from the Stake Center, set them up and called it good! It was another truly powerful meeting. The spirit was so strong. After we took the sacrament, we all pulled our chairs in a circle for gospel principles. We had a 30 minute discussion about the first lesson and then the meeting was over. Testimony was born, tears were shed, and the spirit taught us all and touched us all. What an incredible experience. There were about 25 people there this week, including 7 non-member natives and some less-active natives. It was glorious :)
Have to share this miracle with you. There is a lady named Darice. She is awesome. She has been taught by the missionaries in the past and has been to church down in Auburn once before. She goes to a Pentecostal church that she loves but she wanted to come to our first meeting last week so she did. She was touched by the spirit there and even bore her testimony. She came again this week. Bro Bird opened up the meeting by asking if anyone had any experiences during the past week of feeling the spirit lead them after they felt it so strongly last week. Darice raised her hand and told us that she went and downloaded the LDS app (Bro Bird asked everyone too) and that she has been listening to the BoM all week. The she said, "I quit smoking." She has been smoking for 28 years and she is no longer smoking!! It was truly incredible. I wish you could all feel the spirit that is up here on the reservation right now. The Lord loves these people so much and I have a firm testimony that HE IS NOT GOING TO LET US FAIL. I love Darice and I will do anything and everything I can to help her progress in the gospel!
I am really excited for the week ahead. We are going to be having our first group missionary coordination meeting! The work is going to move forward even more powerfully as we get all of the people that have been called to serve and work on the reservation on the same page! It will be fantastic.
We went on exchange this week with the Assistants since they are in my district. It was great. Elder Lynch spent a day with the Marshalliese with Elder Mckendrick and Elder Chandler came and spent a day with the Natives with me! Elder Chandler and I saw a lot of miracles and I learned a lot from him! (He goes home in a few weeks, he is scared haha) But, we also found a HUGE blackberry bush. We spent twenty minutes picking them and eating them. I was happy. Then I told him to pick a bunch, put them in his hand and then look at them. When he did I then said, now when you go home and watch Hunger Games, you will always remember this exchange! Haha so he is pretty excited for that.
Another miracle! Today we were shopping, and I was a little low on funds because when I was on exchange Elder Chandler and I ate McD's twice, but anyways, we pull up to the line to buy our food and the lady in front of us had just gotten done but she was just standing there while we put our food up on the dealio. Then she just said, "Im waiting here because I am going to buy your groceries. Eloise was her name. And sweet Eloise dropped 51 bonesies on us! Bless her heart I love her so much!
I love being a missionary!! I love all of the great things the Lord has in store for the Muckleshoots! I am so excited to see it all come together and to see many peoples lives changed through the gospel. I love this work! I know it is true. I promise you it is. Find someone that needs your help today! Love and serve them! See how long you can go without thinking about yourself, then you will find your jaw and mouth sore from smiling too much! Love you all so much!! Have a great week!!
Masi, Hoi!
Elder Cook
Where Church Was Held This Sunday


No comments:
Post a Comment