Monday, August 26, 2013

Email 32: Crazy (Scary) Kiss + Mason + Keys + Kayli


Sent on August 26, 2013

Hoi!!
 
Hey y'all! I loved your emails and letters this week! They were great! I have a lot I want to write about so hopefully I get through it all!
 
SLIM MOMENT (taking a different apporach and starting off with this)
- so Elder Lynch and I were talking with a less-active Native, Jeannie Elkins, last night. ANd out of no where this other lady walks out of her house and starts talking to us. She is completely drunk, and she just is asking us to say a prayer for her. So I just closed my eyes and bowed my head and let Elder Lynch say it haha, but right after the prayer she says Amen really enthusiastically and then goes in to kiss Elder Lynch, he barely had time to turn is head so he got it on the cheek instead of the lips! Haha and then I knew it was coming so I just closed my eyes and turned my head. It was crazy. She was  crazy. Her name was Julie Moses, and I have been looking for her for 10 weeks because she is a former investigator. I finally found her!
 
Mason is coming to Federal Way! I am emailing at the FHC right now with 7 other missionaries and I just freaked out and started crying and hugging all of them. He is coming to the greatest mission in the world!! No doubt. I am going to do everything I can, which isnt very much haha, to get him to the Auburn Zone ASAP! Tell him that I love him so much and I can't wait to serve with him for a year plus!
 
So I got you all a little souvenir from the POWWOW this weekend! I will be sending them off today! Hope you like them! Native made baby :)
 
 Transfers next week! I guess I cant say for sure but I am about 98 percent positive that I am not going anywhere for a while, and I dont think I will be getting a new companion either. Elder Lynch and I are really starting to get some things going up here! But we will see! ITs always a crazy time.
 
About the POWWOW, so we went to the Powwow this weekend and we got there the first day right before grand-entry. The announcer saw us and made a couple poligamy jokes over the intercom haha, but we got a recognized over the microphone so that was good!! And Elder Lynch's mom had a friend from the Navajo reservation in AZ make us some sick Native ties that we wore. We got so many compliments. Also, we ate five meals that day and payed for none of them. Every member that we met bought us food haha. It was great!
 
We have a new place to meet on Sundays!! Sister Rodarte talked to the Exec. Secretary of the Tribe and scored us a room in the main tribal office for every sunday! Coolest part is, they gave us a key that opens every door in their main building! We got keys! Not priesthood keys, but this is almost as sweet! Haha
 
We had 9 investigators at church this Sunday as well! 5 of them had never come before. There are still a lot of people that we are working with though that are so close to coming they just havent quite made it there yet. We will get them!!
 
GUESS WHAT! We will be having our first baptism on the Rez this Sunday!!!! Kayli Leonard is her name. She is 9 years old and she loves coming to church, she reads the childrens BOM every day and says daily prayers now, and she is setting an incredible example for many of her friends here. She is a boss! It is going to be glorious :) many more to follow!!
 
I love what I am doing so much! It has been such a humbling experience. I have never been so aware of the constant need for the power of the Atonement in my life. I need it every day. There is so much I need to improve on and to change but I know that all God expects is that we are constantly giving an honest effort to repent, change, and become more like the Savior. Over time, He will help us get there. There is so much work to do! I can't wait for this week! I love you all so much! More than you know!
 
Elder Cook
I dont know if you can see it very well. But that is a grand-entry at one of the sessions of the powwow. lots of dancers, very powerful, i love it!

me and my friend Sancha at the powwow. She is a top-notch dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment