Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Email 31: The Battle + Blackberries and Slingshots


Sent August 19, 2013

Hey everyone! Gosh I just love you all so much. Thanks for the emails and the letters this week! So I think it is pretty crazy that school is starting this week for ya'll. Dang. Everything is just flying by. I cant believe how much everything has changed in our family from just like five years ago. Dad and Mom are teachers. Brynne is married and almost done with college, Im on a mission, Addie is in High School and tearing things up, and Brigham is the tallest one in the family! (at least that is what it sounds like) But the best part about it is that I believe the thing that has changed the most is our testimonies of the Gospel. We know. And we are happy! And we will continue to learn and grow and rely on the Savior and put Him first in our lives! I love our family!
I wish you all the best of luck as you start this new school year. I will be praying for you all in your endeavors!
I have learned a lot and grown a lot this week I feel. I experienced the scripture "we fight against principalities and powers." Satan went ham on the rez this week. It was ridiculous. But we still experienced many miracles. I just sat in my chair last night and truly felt like I was in a literal battle. I just wanna go harder. Harder!!! AND HARDER!!! Satans got nothing on us. We are going to win this thing, I just know it. We just have to be patient and glory in the small successes. I am excited for another week on the frontlines.
I love the people here so much.
Who is the couple that the Mumfords know that are coming to the Federal Way Mission? I hope they get assigned to the reservation with us.
I love reading the Book of Mormon more than ever before. It is for these people!! In 2 Ne 3 it talks about Joseph of Egypt and his prophecies of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and in vs 15 it straight up says that the BoM will bring these people salvation. I just think of all of the prophets that every wrote on those plates. I think of them praying for these people, for the Muckelshoots even! There faith was that this record would be delivered to them, that they would come to know for themselves of the foolishness of the traditions of their fathers, and also who they must look to for salvation. That they would know that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and the Redeemer of the World. I know that He is. With all of my heart. I know that the Book of Mormon is the most powerful resource we have. This is why we have it! That we may help these people, and the world, come to know of the truth, of things as they really are!!!
Omni 1:25-26  
Jarom 1:2
D&C 10:46-48

I love these verses. Lamanites for life! I pretty much am one now. Not quite but almost.
So the title to this email. It is my SLIM MOMENT! Haha so I was on exchanges with Elder Grandstaff, from Farmington. He is one of the Zone Leaders. I love the man, we have a lot of fun. But anyways, I told you last week about the blackberry bush that Elder Chandler and I found. Well after we had stopped by a couple homes in that area, Elder Grandstaff and I went to that bush for a few minutes to pick some blackberries. We are just enjoying the berries when we hear slight rustling noise. We dont know what it is so we just continue. Then we hear a louder noise that sounds like a rock flying through the bushes. We step back and look to our right and about 30 yards away one of the Natives is standing there with a slingshot. I wasnt even mad, it was amazing haha. We slowly got into the car and pulled away just laughing our heads off. The best part about it is, is that wasnt even his bush! But we didnt have any weapons, nor did we want to get into a fight with a native bearing a slingshot. So i will have to find a new bush!
Another insight. Mormon 8:35. Just think about Mormon seeing YOUR life when writing the Book of Mormon. He wrote what YOU needed.
All is well in Auburn Washington and on the Rez. The work is harder than ever. But I am happier than ever. I love it all so much. I know with all my heart that this is ALL TRUE. I love you all so much! Thank you for everything. I will be praying for you all!
Elder Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment