Received on July 8, 2013
Hey hey everyone :) Hope you all had a great week! Thanks for all of the emails. Sounds like everyone has been having a ton of fun this summer and doing great things! Thats awesome. The 4th of July was crazy. You will never know fireworks until you spend a 4th on the Muckelshoot Reservation. The whole week before the fourth fireworks were going off all day every day and through the night. And it was like WW3 the night of the fourth. There is garbage everywhere from the aftermath.
It was a great week though! We worked very hard, found a lot of new investigators, gave out a ton of Boms, taught a lot of lessons! So that was good. But all of our commitments for church fell through again. I just kept asking why I couldn't help people come to church. It seems like for the last few months everything has failed, but I know it hasn't. I was driving in the car pondering on it and I had a distinct impression that the Lord was preparing me for the rest of my mission. I don't know exactly what that means, but I know the Lord's will is the only way, and just like for the Savior Himself, sometimes the Lord's will isn't comfortable for us. Thats perfect :) I will glory in tribulation and joy in every success that we have. It is strengthening my testimony of the Atonement for sure.
We got to meet President and Sister Eaton this week! I love them so much. They are the most incredible people. They carry the strongest spirit around with them and they have a definite love for our Heavenly Father and for the Savior. During our Zone Conference, President Eaton referred to 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (read it!) and he said, "The Work of Salvation is not just another thing, IT IS THE ONLY THING." Everything that we do in this life must pertain to the work of salvation, either for ourselves, our families, or others. All of the other things the world has to offer, they will all melt.
And you will have to ask the Webers if they knew the Eatons?!
Great news! Brother Bird talked to President Eaton yesterday and we now have permission to go wherever we need to in the mission to meet and teach and work with Natives! Also, Brother Bird, President Miles, and President Rodarte have a meeting this tuesday to discuss what needs to be done to start the branch! We are making steps! In my scripture study this week I have been studying all of the parts in the Book of Mormon where prophets pray for the descendants of the Lamanites to recieve the "record" (Bom) and come to a knowledge that Jesus is the Christ", there are many but two that I would like to point out are Enos and Mormon. In Enos 1:12-18, Enos talks about how the Lord tells Him that he can ask for anything in faith, and Enos' soul desire is for the record to be preserved so that at some point the Lamanites can be brought to salvation. The Lord covenants with Enos, as He did with Enos' fathers, that his desires will be fulfilled because of their faith. Mormon 7 is directed completely to the latter-day Lamanites. We actually taught Robert John about Mormon 7 and his ancestors and how prophets like Mormon and Enos were praying for him. And they still are. It was so powerful. As we were driving home we were listening to the EFY Medley and during the "We'll Bring the World His Truth Part" I could feel the prophets of old, Enos and Mormon and many others right alongside me, working with me to bring "their brethren" to a knowledge that Jesus is the Christ. Now I don't know what the process will be like, or what my role will be in it, but I know without a doubt that the Lord will keep the covenants he has made to the House of Israel, and that many of them will be restored to the truth here on this reservation!
I love the Washington Federal Way Mission, there isnt a greater one in the world! It is the best time ever to be a missionary and a member of the Lord's kingdom on the Earth! Let us all realize our duty and act in all diligence! I love what I am doing. It has been super hard, the last few weeks have been the hardest of my life, but that doesn't matter. I know that I am nothing without the Lord, I have realized that many many times. It has truly been a humbling experience for me. I know without a doubt that there are glorious things ahead, more glorious than we have ever witnessed before! I love you all with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength :) thanks for everything! Have a great week!
Elder Cook
No comments:
Post a Comment