Monday, July 22, 2013

From Delaney


Hey J.
I hope you are doing well. Brynne asked me to write you a letter about when I knew you'd be a good missionary. You've always been a good example to the cousins and to our family. I know you want to do the right thing and please your Heavenly Father. I knew when you'd do a million little things: play with the “5 and under crowd,” pass or bless the sacrament, when you'd participate in the Nativity at our Christmas Eve program. Things like that.

I knew when we did Baptisms for the Dead over the holidays and you baptized us. It opened my eyes and I said to myself, “JD is going to be one awesome missionary.” It was amazing to see you perform your priesthood duties. It definitely is an experience I will never forget. I'm very grateful that you use your priesthood power from Heavenly Father and I hope you cherish it always. The Lord loves you and wants you to use it. Always remember that. Thank you for blessings other's lives through the priesthood.

I'm grateful for missionary work and how it can affect others. I'm grateful for the temple and that families can be together forever. I know I want to be in your family forever. It would make me really sad if we couldn't be together for eternity. I know that if we attend the temple regularly, the Lord will pour out His blessings upon us. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I'm grateful for the scriptures and for what those people sacrficed for the Lord. I'm grateful for a living prophet and his apostles who follow the Lord so that they can guide us in the right direction. I'm grateful for the Atonement and that we can repent and be forgiven of our sins. I'm grateful to know that the Church is true wherever you go. I was so nervous about moving to Texas, but people told me to get involved with my ward and to remember the Church is true no matter where you go. That's a very comforting statement.

I know that you will do well throughout your mission. I hope you always remember the Lord loves you and that I love you. I'm so glad I'm your cousin and that I've been able to see you grow up into a wonderful man. I'm glad that you have a testimony of the gospel.

Thank you for always being there for me and know that I'll always be there for you. No matter what. I love ya, J.!
Love, Your Cuz,
Delaney :)

No comments:

Post a Comment