Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Email 27: Elder Lynch + Patience + Jeannie


Sent on July 23, 2013

Hey everyone!! Thank you all for the emails and letters this week, glorious as always! So.. transfer calls were last night. Transfer meeting is in a couple of hours. But Elder Erekson got out of zone transfered. I am super bummed about it. I love him a lot. But its all right. I saw who my new comp. was on the computer. Elder Lynch! He came out of the MTC with me. Can't wait toget working with him! And also I got a call from the assistants this morning and I have been called to serve as a District Leader. So again, many changes. But with change comes a hastening of the work!! Pray for another great transfer!
 
I don't have a ton of time to email today so I will do my best! So the work is work! And it is hard. Hardest thing ever. The Rez is so different than White River was. But, I can truly bear testimony that God answers prayers and that He is working with us here. I love how much this work has required me to give. I am exhausted every night, mostly mentally. I love how I am having to learn the heavenly virtue of PATIENCE. God's will, God's way. With that being said, don't think there aren't amazing things happening here every day! It has been incredible to see how far we have come the last few weeks. One of the Less-Active Natives, Jeannie Elkins, took it upon herself to schedule a building for us to meet in on the 4th. Without us even doing anything she went and did all of the work to reserve a building. So we are going to be having the first meeting on the reservation on August 4th at 3 pm in the "Sla-Hal Shed" (pictures included). I have never wanted so much for a meeting to come! We are working our hardest for this thing to start, but not only that, for it to stick. We need to help these people be CONVERTED to the gospel. This needs to be THEIR branch. There is a lot, a lot, of work to do and miracles that need to happen. But just as I have witnessed these past few weeks, God is and forever will be a God of miracles, and with Him, anything is possible. I trust that everything will work out :)
 
I always forgot what I want to write for a "slim moment." I know I had one, I just cant remember it! I apologize.
 
I am going to try and write you all an individual quick email back! Sorry I dont have much time. But I will email you on Monday!
 
I love this work! All is well! I am happy! I love you all so much. Keep praying and trusting in God. He will provide!
 
Elder Cook
 
Mosiah 2:34 "all that we have and are"




Sla-Hal Shed

No comments:

Post a Comment