Hello Family! I got a record low 8 emails this week hahaha I am blaming it on the fact that I sent like a two paragraph email last week. But I am happy to hear that Addie had a fun time at state track and that everyone had a good week! I hope clark's job started off well. Oh and Brynne, I talked to Sis Hansen for a brief moment. She just got transferred to Federal Way. Tell her family I said hi!
Green River is awesome! When we got here all the members we talked to were complaining about how there ward got so much smaller after the changed the boundaries. But when we went to church on Sunday, it was glorious to see like 12-15 young families at church!! That is about 10 more than there were in Redondo. They are all super nice and excited for us to be in their ward! Elder Bradford and I are really wanting to start off focused on helping the missionary work happen from the ward outwards. This is a great time for a fresh start. Hopefully it happens quick so we see some awesome things before Elder Bradford goes home in August. Elder Bradford and I were born to be companions. Haha we work hard and laugh often. He is an incredible example of humble power and discipleship. I plan to learn as much as I can and acquire some of his Christlike personality while with him.
As far as investigators go, we just got here, and we only have one! But she is awesome! Her name is Anna and she is 17. She knows this church is true and she loves it. So prayer for Anna and her father Tom! Thanks!
Elder Bryant (the Vehicle Coordinator) wanted me to tell you that "I survived the Beast." haha that is the 12 passenger mission van we have. Elder Bradford and I have been driving it for the past week. It was awesome. But today we switched it back in for a 2014 Cruze, which will be nice as well.
I am loving my new assignment! We get to go on 2 exchanges a week with Zone Leaders and other missionaries via Presidents request. I am excited for that. It is awesome how God blessed you with a love for those you serve. The missionaries here are incredible. We had our 2nd mission devotional last night in Kent. AWESOME. 653 people came!!! It was a powerful night. The Spirit was felt. Especially as the whole choir and congregation sang together "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go." The Spirit filled the room as 650+ people (members, nonmembers, and all) lifted their voices. I'll never forget that!
Elder Bradford and I had the feeling that we needed to study Alma 43-Alma 60 (the war chapters) as we seek to know what to do to help the Green River Ward and to become a loving, inviting ward. It has been awesome already as we have taken our questions and feelings to the Book of Mormon and received ideas and inspiration. We plan for this ward to be a ward filled with the "love of God and all men." Filled with disciples who are constantly seeking for ways to serve and bless others. It is just a good life here :)
I love love love you all! Let me know if you have any specific questions! Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment