Monday, June 2, 2014

Email 68: Top 5 + Brother Alston + Love Others


Received on May 5, 2014

Hey hey hey! I got some dang good emails from y'all this week. Thanks a ton! They were fun to read!
We had an incredible week here. Super boss. We are teaching families! And they are progressing! Testimony meeting in Redondo was in the top 5 in my life. The members here are catching fire and loving the gospel and it is incredible!
The Noune's (Phiv's) all came to church and we had two great lessons with them this week! I love that family with all my heart. I will have to get a picture with them and sent it. But They are all going to be baptized this month! We had another great lesson with Kimberly but they are having some other problems and couldn't make it to church this week :/ but they are still awesome! The Cappelle's are doing great and Thomas is going to be baptized on the 17th! And the Solares family has been to church 3 weeks in a row and Eddie is really, REALLY close. He is just a hard one to crack.
While I was on exchange last week I had a super clear prompting to go and see Cody and Stephanie, a potential family that we had talked to once but we were never able to teach. We went over there and caught Stephanie at home and had a super good little chat and she agreed to let us come and teach her on Friday Night. Because we had too many appointments ( a GREAT problem to have :)) I took Brother Alston with me to teach them and it was LEGIT! They are super cool and super honest. They said they were nervous at first but they really want to try this! Really cool to see the Spirit guide us like that.
We had a big party on the 2nd to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! I love being in a spanish/english ward! There were about 120 people there and HALF of them were not members! The Spanish people went all out on inviting people and it was awesome. There are 11 people right now in Redondo between spanish and english preparing to be baptized in May! Just pray pray pray with all of your hearts!
I attached the Missions monthly newsletter, because it is awesome and the story of Fred Lawty is in it! Read it!
Transfers are indeed this week.. Fun fun. I guess we will all find out together!
The Spirit is so cool. PMG says that enjoying the gifts of the spirit should be one of our most earnest desires. It is so so true. The Spirit is the most important single element in this work! No matter where you are! Are you all studying your Preach My Gospels??? This will change EVERYTHING! IF we all study with a mind to love others and share the gospel we will no doubt be inspired in specific ways by God to do just that. Go and do it!
I love you all so much! Thanks for everything!!
Elder Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment