Monday, April 28, 2014

Email 67: Mirror Lake Sisters + Devotional + Natives

Received April 28, 2014

What a great awesome crazy week it was!
To start it off, we went on exchange with the assistants and Elder Bradford came to Redondo with me. We exchanged on Monday night at 9:00 pm. About 2 mins into the exchange while on our way back to Federal Way, we get a call from the Mirror Lake Sisters and they tell us that the just got in a car accident. We had to go and get everything situated with them and we were all outside in the rain til like 10:15. Then we make some calls and they want the sisters to go to the emergency room for precautionary measures. So we called President and he asked me and Elder Bradford just to take them in our car... So we took the sisters to Auburn. Now that is WEIRD for missionaries haha. We got to the emergency room and I had to back into a spot so Elder Bradford got out to guide me into the spot. One of the sisters, not on purpose, but still, said " wow, I never thought I'd be in a car with just one Elder while on my mission." The super awkward statement caught me off guard and the only thing that came out of my mouth was "Get out." hahaha Elder Bradford and I are sill laughing about that one.
Another funny thing about that. Elder Bryant, the vehicle coordinator called us before we got there and says this, "ya the car is probably not driveable, there are Ukrainians involved. Hahaha we are still laughing about that one too!
The rest of the exchange was awesome and we taught some powerful lessons! The rest of the week was awesome as well! Long stories short, we now have 5 people preparing to be baptized in May and progressing! Thomas Cappelle (a marshallese kid whose family is coming back to church) on the 11th. Kimberly (more about her to come) hopefully on the 17th. And the Phivs on the 24th! God is too good!
So Kimberly is the 10 year old daughter of Noelle Rodriguez. Noelle is a lady that just moved from Salt Lake and has not attended church for a long time. This is so crazy awesome how they were found! So the Spanish Elders (they live in the same complex as us) were just sitting in their house when they got a knock on the door. It was a newspaper salesman. He recognized they were Mormons and said that he had been taught by missionaries before and was really nice about the church. He then said, "I actually just talked to another Mormon here in this complex." The spanish elders didn't know who it could be so they asked and he gave them Noelle's information! Elder Cannon and Elder Quackenbush went there on exchange and talked to her and she came to the ward potluck and to church!! And Kimberly came to church for the first time with her mom and LOVED IT! We are teaching them for the first time tonight!! Can you believe that? Don't even try and tell me God isn't running this thing.
The Millers and Sister Reid (both less-active) came back to church this week! Glorious.
So, we had our first ever Washington Federal Way Mission Devotional last night at the Auburn Stake Center! It was soooooo good! The most amazing part was to look out and see a lot of people that I have taught and helped over the course of my mission who are now happier because of the gospel. I can't really describe what it felt like, but it was super special. I sat with Elder Mckendrick in the choir and we pointed out 4 people that we found together that have now been baptized and are active, and others that were less-active but are now active. One of them being Sean Brown, ya remember Sean and Danyale! Sean got baptized finally, two days ago! Dayle Mantad and her husband Glen were there as well, Glen actually gave the closing prayer. They have been taught by a lot of missionaries but it was a special moment when I went up to them after and Dayle just says (there were like 5 Elders talking to them) "Elders, Elder Cook was my first teacher." Spirit just hit me and it was incredible!!


I also saw Bro Bird and Elder Lynch and Elder Erekson. They gave me an update on the Rez and they are still working hard and loving it there! I miss the Rez, but guess what! We found a native this week (another miracle!) and his name is Ed Sanchez. He grew up on Muckleshoot and he is cousins with the Rodartes. We are teaching him this week and I am going to get him to go to the group!! Elder Cannon says he has met like two natives in washington before we were companions and since he has been my companion, for some reason, we find about 1 native a week haha. Native for life!
So anyways it was another great and glorious week here in Redondo! Loving it with all my heart and I am stoked for another week to come! Thanks for all of your love. I love you all so much! Have the best week!

Elder Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment