Monday, April 28, 2014

Email 66: He Lives + "Because of Him" + Cambodia


Received April 21, 2014

He Lives! I know it! We had an incredible Easter Sunday and Easter week. It is definitely in the top 5 favorite weeks of my life. Sooo good!
The work in Redondo exploded this week! So many great experiences. President Eaton came out with us on Tuesday and we taught a couple awesome lessons and went down to the beach with a white board and wrote "Because of Him" on the center and talked with everyone and had people write down what they have in their life because of Jesus Christ! It was legit.

We had an awesome experience setting goals. We had no one committed to be baptized at the beginning of the week, so we just set a goal to invite 6 people this week to be baptiized in sit down lessons. We focused on it every day and we ended up having 8 invitations to baptism in sit-down lessons, 4 of which accepted a baptismal date, and they all came to church but one, and we had another family come to church (the Solares) in which the father Eddy is not a member, and he is progressing now!
The Phiv family, I love them. They are cambodian. Sis Phivs husband, Thun, is an inactive member. He drives truck a lot so I have yet to meet him. But Bro Rumel went to their home last week and invited her to take the missionary lessons (boss). So we went and taught her on Friday Night. The lesson wasn't going so smooth because of the language barrier, but then an inspired question caused her to break down in tears. She told us of all the struggles in her life and she just wants to be happy as a family. AS we testified the Spirit touched her heart. She agreed to let us come back on Saturday, and we brought Bro and Sis Gnov, who are cambodian as well. SHe loved it and was so grateful. Sis Gnov, who is a convert, testified and taught in Cambodian about the truthfulness of the Restoration and the Book of Mormon. Elder Cannon and I taught the kids, Debbie (12) and Daniel (10) in English and they are on board. They are super smart and Daniel can beatbox.  Star. Anyways, they all came to church and LOVED it! We are teaching them again on Tuesday!
I am just so grateful! God is so good! And we have a lot yet to do but there were major blessings this week!
Thank you for the Easter Packages! I got one from the Fam and Aunt Patti. Thanks y'all!

I am just super stoked for all that is to come! Summer is on its way! The ward is doing awesome! Federal Way is the place to be. I love it a lot.
An insight from the Book of Mormon. I learned something from Jarom this week that I had never thought of before:
Jarom 1:2 And as athese plates are bsmalland as these things are cwritten for the intent of the benefit of our brethren thedLamaniteswherefore, it must needs be that write little; but shall not write the things of my prophesying, nor of myrevelations. For what could write more than my fathers have written? For have not they revealed the plan of salvation? sayunto you, Yea; and this sufficeth me.
I admire and desire Jarom's attitude. It doesn't matter if his prophecies and his revelations are recorded, as long as the ones that are necessary to bless the lives of others, he is content. May we all seek to have this kind of attitude, where we don't seek for glory, but seek for others benefit, whether it makes us look better or not. Becuase the fact is, that whether we look better in the eyes of others does not matter, but whether we are better in the eyes of God! 

I love you all so much! Hope you have a wonderful week! 

Elder Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment