Received on April 14, 2014
If you haven't checked it out already, y'all need to go to easter.mormon.org and watch the "Because of Him" video. SO glorious! And then ALLLLLLLL of you need to share it. This is a revolution. If the adversary wants to fight with technology, then let's fight with technology. Spread the web with the love of the Savior! Share the video! Will you all do that? I am talking to everyone that ever reads this thing!
It was a crazy busy week that left us with not a lot of time to proselyte in our own area. But some incredible things happened and lives were changed! I got to go on two exchanges this week with missionaries that have really been struggling. As I prayed and prayed to know what role I could play and what Heavenly Father needed me to do/say in order to help them, He guided me through both exchanges and it really did make a difference in those missionaries lives. I love and cherish moments when you love someone so much that nothing else matters to you.I have been meaning to tell y'all about Fred Lawty. This is super crazy. Well back in the end of February I went on an exchange with Elder Isham in Dashpoint (his area). We were out on bikes and talking with everyone and it was a beautiful day. One man we talked to, an older guy, just told us to come back another time. His name was Fred. To shorten the story. The other elders went back a couple days later and Fred was just super prepared. Just ate it all up right off the bat. So like a week later I am on exchange with Elder Mckendrick in Redondo and the Dashpoint Elders call us saying that they want to move Fred's baptism date up a week or two. I talk with E. Mckendrick about it and we decide to have them move the baptism up one week. So instead of getting baptized on the 30th of March, he will get baptized on the 23rd of March. So the 23rd of March comes and Fred's baptism is awesome and he gets confirmed on the 24th! Then..... we get a call on Wednesday morning the 27th, and the Dashpoint Elders tell us that Fred has just passed away unexpectedly...Holy! He had a heart problem. It is amazing, actually beyond amazing, when you witness God working like that.
Miracles haven't ceased. God is so good. I know Jesus Christ is the Savior! I love you all and I love my life! Pray and ask Heavenly Father what the next step is for you in sharing the gospel and changing someone's eternity! Have a great week!
Elder Cook
No comments:
Post a Comment