Received on March 3, 2014
Hey y'all! Thanks for the letters and emails! I am just super stoked for Shane to go to State! It will be lots of fun for him.
I don't really know how to describe how I feel right now. Probably close to Alma when he wishes he was an angel and could speak with a trump. We are on the brink of some pretty great things here in Federal Way! I have been illuminated time after time with a vision of how things are going to change and how we are going to start bringing more and more people into the fold! It will probably take time and patience. I just KNOW now how God intends for this work to go! We, as Saints in the Latter Days, must all be seeking to build the kingdom of God! We must ALL be seeking out those who are searching and who are prepared.26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Fatherfeedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28 And why take ye thought for raiment? aConsider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, ashall he not muchmore clothe you, O ye of little bfaith?
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father aknoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 aBut bseek ye first the ckingdom of God, and his drighteousness; and all these ethings shall be fadded unto you.
footnote:
33 a But
JST Matt. 6:38 Wherefore, seek not the things of this world but seek ye first to build up the kingdom of God, and to establish his righteousness …
So. If ALL of us are seeking first to build up the kingdom of God, how many people can we then bring? If all of us are inviting people to come and see, how many more people actually will! We are going to be working really hard to teach and inspire the members in Redondo and in the Federal Way Stake and soon there will be an environment here where the members find, ALL THE TIME. I am SUPER PUMPED for everything to come!
I will admit this week was a tough one for me. There were just moments where I didn't feel in tune or in sync. Not sure what it was. But I am completely stoked for this week and I did have some pretty neat experiences last week. We found a less-active man by the name of Nick (that was a miracle in and of itself) but we had a lesson with him and it was very different. He is schizophrenic and so at first everything was fine and we were having a great lesson, but then he started shifting personalities and saying really crazy things and it was just really sad and different. He did come to our ward potluck and was completely fine and had a great time. He also came to church and was attentative and loved it. As I look back on the week with him, I can't help but thank Heavenly Father for teaching me how to love. I have a great love for Nick. He has a strong desire to do good and be good. I can't imagine how hard and lonely his life is. It makes me mad that I am ever so selfish. What great things and gifts I have been blessed with. And so has Nick. He has a strength and a resolve and a great heart. I love him a lot and hope to be able to help him progress more in the gospel.
It never stops ringing true, that all of this truly is about love. I hope that every day I can grow in my ability to love God and others and waste and wear out my life for them!
I am sorry I have to cut it short. It was a crazy day! Love you all so much! Have a great week!
Elder Cook
Elder Cook
No comments:
Post a Comment