Hey hey everyone! Happy Fathers day to all! What a great weekend and week it was!
We went hard this week. And it was awesome. As part of our retreat with President and Sister Eaton, we decided that one way we could help the mission is by having the assistants go on more short exchanges with more missionaries. So this was the first week we did that and it was both tiring and incredible! I got to work with 6 different missionaries for at least two hours or more this week and the miracles we saw were incredible. As we have prayerfully been going on these exchanges missionaries are opening up and really seeking help to improve and be better! And those missionaries are already changing! One example, I went with an Elder that has really been struggling to talk with people and doesn't want to do it. That was his attitude at the start of the day. I didn't really know how I was going to help so I just prayed and prayed all day long and asked God to help me do and say what he needed. Well we have a goal to contact 10 people per day per companionship per day in our mission, a standard set by Elder Ballard. God was oh so good to us, he placed person after person in our path and by the end of the day we had talked with 32 people and taught a couple lessons. This Elder said it was one of his favorite days and he talked to 10 people on his own! He said that he now wanted to talk with everyone, and he sees that he can and must do it! That was one of the best feelings ever. We had more great exchanges as well! So at the end of the week we were talking with President and he told us that our "number one priority now is to bless and change the lives of the missionaries in the Washington Federal Way Mission." Excited for the weeks to come!
Abeny Kur is getting baptized on Wednesday! The ward is so excited. It is the first baptism in Green River in like 10 months! Actually, I interviewed the last person that got baptized here my first transfer as a district leader when I was on the Rez. So this is the perfect thing for our wonderful ward right now! Abeny is so awesome, and her two little girls are adorable. We are doing the baptism on a Wednesday so the husband can come. He works a lot and doesnt get to do much else because they are trying to raise money to bring their two other sons over from Sudan. We pray that it is a great experience it is for him and that he realizes that this will bless his WHOLE family!
Our members are being bosses. Here is a text we just got from Sister Cope this morning after we told her about a neighbor of hers that we met that is from Africa and is a new mom. "Just thought I'd update you. She will be coming over tomorrow, to my place, around 1:00. I'll keep you updated!" SO AWESOME. The members are wanting to do the work, and quite frankly we need them too. Because our time is limited in our area with all of the exchanges and such. It is just the perfect storm! God is so good :)
Things are going so well. So happy to hear how awesome everyone's summer is going. Keep perservering, keep standing strong. We must stand as witnesses AT ALL TIMES! What a privilege it is for us! I love you all so much! Thanks again for your love and support! Let me know if you have any questions! LOOOOOVVVEEE YA!
No comments:
Post a Comment