Hey y'all! The past week was a blur.. It was great to hear from y'all though!
Merry Christmas to everyone! I am excited to talk to y'all on that day!! I think, as always, it will be best if you come with some specific questions for me! I will try and do the same. IT is going to be great :)
I am loving life right now. We are spending a lot of time and energy on helping other missionaries. I love it. We had two great exchanges with Zone Leaders over the past week. WE are really focusing on helping the mission catch a vision of working with Members and finding with faith. It is amazing the love that you feel for the missionaries that you work with. I love that part about it.
We had an awesome experience last Saturday and Sunday! We found the Sorensen family! So there this name and address that we were looking for a few weeks ago that we couldn't find, but Saturday night we had some extra time and we were trrying to decide what we needed to do. I had this name "Sorensen" come to my mind, immediately followed by this picture of a dirt road. I knew where it was so we went there. WE drove down this dirt road and we couldn't see any of the house numbers in the dark. We picked the house that seemed most likely to be the Sorensen's and went up to knock on it. It was kinda creepy in the dark and the way the house is arranged up on a little hill haha, but of course we went for it. Jackie answered the door and Jaymes followed. He told us that he was about to head to the airport to pick up his daughter that was flying in from Provo for the Holidays. So we asked if we could come the next night and share a Christmas message with them. They agreed! We go back and Jaymes, Jackie, London, Colten, and Camryn are there. They are all members but London (the daughter from Provo) is the only active one. Nobody knew about them?! We had a short but POWERFUL lesson about the Gift of Christ and everyone felt the Spirit. They were so grateful. And they are going to have us back on Christmas Eve to share another lesson. I love them so much! And I love Heavenly Father for leading us to them! So good. I wish I could share all of those kind of experiences with y'all.
Just know that things are wonderful here and it is going to be a great Christmas week! I love y'all so much and talk to you in 2!
Elder Cook
No comments:
Post a Comment