Sunday, March 1, 2015

Email 84: Brother Liana + Ponder the Path of Thy Feet


Received October 20, 2014

Hey everyone! :)
It has been a very good week here in Hylebos! Bro Liaina came to church and met with Bishop Keeney. He is set to get baptized on the 8th of November! I love that man a lot. The Barners and the Carmels are doing well! Both are reading the Book of Mormon and have member friends. The next step is helping them solidify baptism and church attendance. So we are hoping to accomplish that this week. We found two new families to teach this week as well! Super solid. We also have a first lesson with a kid named Taylor at 6 at the church tonight. He is a friend of the Deacon's Quorum President, Aaron. So Aaron and his Dad will be teaching him with us. Again, super solid. Amazing things are happening here!
I went on exchange to the YSA branch this week. The best part about it was how Elder Jeppesen was a boss. He stayed in Hylebos for the first time and he also went with a missionary who has been struggling. But I felt like it was what both of them needed and the inspiration was right! Elder Jeppesen did amazing things, taught lessons, found families. So good. And the other missionary left the exchange inspired and lifted. I am grateful to have Elder Jeppesen as my companion. He teaches me every day and I hope to be more like him.
Bro Schilling said the closing prayer at the Mission Devotional, and it was powerful! That was last night in Maple Valley. Watching that man grow so fast in the gospel has been one of the greatest things that has happened on my mission. He is incredible.
President Monson's talk "Ponder the Path of Thy Feet" is amazing. I have been trying to study the scriptures and stories he referenced and really dive into what he was trying to teach us as God's chosen prophet today. I am having more insights about how to be more like the Savior and walk AS He walked.
We are excited for week 6! Can't believe it is already the last week of the transfer! Time flies. We have a lot of people to focus on and a lot of work to do this week so it should be a great one. These are the times every missionary yearns for, the times when you have people to teach! I am so grateful for it! I think it is because of Elder Jeppesen.
I love you all and am praying for you always! Sorry this one is a little short. There are just to many things to capture sometimes... Thanks for all of your emails! I think I have a package waiting for me too! Thanks :) Love you so much!
Elder Cook 

No comments:

Post a Comment