Received December 1, 2014
Hey y'all! First off, thanks to all y'all for being my favorite people in the world. I sure love you. Thanksgiving was wonderful and I enjoyed the opportunity to reflect. I hope that I can develop an attitude of gratitude that builds off of this season. It is my favorite time of the year! Thank you for the packages I have received so far! They were much needed! :)
Have y'all checked out He is the Gift?! christmas.mormon.org it is so sweet! IF you get a physical subscription of the Ensign you will get 9 pass-along cards for this website in an initiative to SHARE THE GIFT! It takes me back to when Elder Corbridge visited our mission last December and asked us "Do you Esteem Him?" To esteem means to set high value on, or high regard for something. He then taught us that the way Christ has asked us to esteem Him is to teach others WHAT THEY MUST DO in order to experience the blessings of His Atonement. I pray that we can all esteem the Savior. He is the way!
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
Taylor Crusch was baptized and confirmed this week!! Super awesome. Pictures below. Bro. Willhite baptized him and Elder Mousser was the voice of his confirmation. Taylor was actually the first person that Elder Mousser invited to be baptized! The service was great, he had a lot of family come and ward support! Elder Mousser and I were able to teach the Restoration in 5 minutes with a Christmas spin on it. It was awesome!
Sunday was a brilliant day! We were able to do Taylor's confirmation and take part in Bro. Liaina's preisthood ordination! He was given the Aaronic Priesthood and ordained to the office of Priest! Now that is the Work of Salvation. That day brought a lot of joy to my heart.
I ran some numbers and for converts who I found or taught over the first 12 months of my mission, only 25 % are still active :(, but over the last 10 months, 100% are still active! We have really improved as a mission as we have adapted a "More Lasting Conversion" mentality. It is cool to see! Now we gotta get back those who have drifted away!!
We found a new couple, Bro and Sis Clark! They are neighbors with the Allens in our ward! The Allens are so stoked to fellowship them. It is going to be a good thing! Pray for them. And Bro Barner is still doing great!
I am pretty jazzed for Christmas. :)
It snowed this weekend! That was fun. I will send you a little picture.
Elder Mousser is a straight-up star! He could train right now! I love him a lot!
I love you all so much!! Have a wonderful first week of December!
Taylor's Baptism
Snow in Washington is RARE

No comments:
Post a Comment