Hey hey everyone! :) Glad to hear summer is treating everyone so well! Sounds like a lot of the normal: sports, work, family, and fun! Hope it continues that way!
One of the best parts of the week! Sis Cope invited Sis Mary Mugo, the young mother from Kenya, to come to her home for us to teach her. We went on Wednesday night and President Eaton was with us. We taught the Restoration and she is incredible. She committed to be baptized on July 26th!! She also came to Stake Conference this Sunday with Sis Cope and we are teaching her again tomorrow night! God is bringing solid people to our ward as we all do more to share with others. Our ward is catching fire. The members are having experiences like never before and are more excited than ever before. I love it!!
It was kind of a crazy week with the start of a new transfer and all, but we did actually move apartments! We now live in a sweet two bedroom, almost new apartment. It is glorious! So upgrade there.
We met the man that found the only whole Mammoth tusk to ever be dug up in the state of Washington. He is going to let us come and teach him haha. We talked to a lot of people this week, but we need to talk to more! I feel like one area I could improve on is the "Prayer of Faith." A scripture in Moroni illustrates something I realized again this week:
Moroni 8
26 And the remission of sins bringeth meekness, and lowliness of heart; and because of meekness and lowliness of heart cometh the visitation of the Holy Ghost, which Comforter filleth with hope and perfect love, which love endureth by diligence unto prayer, until the end shall come, when all the saints shall dwell with God.
"which love endureth by diligence unto prayer". I feel like you could insert any Christlike attribute into that sentence and it would still remain true. Love, patience, humility, obedience, diligence itself, even faith and hope. Sometimes, maybe because it is part of the answer to everything, we overlook the power prayer really plays. Prayer changes things ways that cannot be changed any other way. I need to improve and show more diligence unto prayer in all that I do.
I hope to continue to improve and to be an instrument. I have struggled a little recently with juggling a lot of assignments and still feeling productive and effective, something I feel like we all experience at times. My friend told me something that was both simple and profound and can apply to all of us. Focus on your purpose, to invite others to come unto Christ, and make your decisions off of that. I am going to work on that this week as well! I am excited for the week ahead!
This is such an exciting time!! I love it! I love people, and I love the Savior! He is real, I know it! I love you all so much. Thank you for your prayers and love! Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment