Sunday, March 1, 2015

Email 98: Media Referral + Unforgettable Moments + 20 Days


Received February 10, 2015

Hey hey everyone! Hope y'all had a great week! Elder Erekson and I sure did here in Hylebos!

First off, last Sunday night we get a media referral for a man named John Irby. We call him and he wants to meet with us. Long story short.. He has a member-friend that is his boss who has talked with him about the gospel and actually says he will send missionaries by, but then never does. So Bro Irby thinks "they gotta have a website." He goes on and refers himself 5 days in a row!! We finally get it and then call him. Last week we met with him 3 times, he comes to church, commits to baptism on March 7th, loves the Book of Mormon, shares it with a friend, tells his whole family he is going to be baptized. Then on Monday morning (yesterday) we get a text from him that says "hey is there any way I can do my baptism on the 28th?" WOWOWOW! Elder Erekson set a goal of 1 baptism this transfer and at the beginning we had no one preparing. We felt like it was going to happen though. That will be my last Saturday! GOD IS SO REAL! :)

We are also making great progress with Bro. Sorensen, who it turns out is NOT a member because his records cannot be found. So he is in the process of making the decision to be baptized as well! He is so solid. He is the one I told you about how we found him when we were skyping. Straight Miracle. I love him so much. The other day at the end of a lesson he turned to me and said, "Elder Cook, I hope you know I mean it when I say you have been a huge inpsiration to me." Those are the moments that I will never forget!

Bro Barner actually texted us this week and said he picked the Book of Mormon back up and had a spiritual experience. He said he is ready to start reading again and prepare for baptism! We will meet with him for the first time in a while this week. MIRACLE!!

Taylor Crusch was ordained to the office of a Teacher on Sunday. Any time I get to stand in on Priesthood ordinations I feel the power of the Work of Salvation. It becomes even more real to me in those moments! I loved that. Leo and Tekina are doing super well also, attending church every week and happier than ever!
Also, a new Part-member family, the La'as came to church this week. Sister La'a is a less-active member that has been wanting to return. Rob, her boyfriend, is not a member. We have been trying to meet with them and finally were able to teach them this week and Rob felt the Spirit and loved the lesson. They then came to church and are excited to come again next week! MIRACLE!

God is so good! He is blessing us so much! I love this work, and I am beyond excited for the next 20 days in Washington. I am so grateful for this place. I love it with all my heart! Have a wonderful week!

Elder Cook  

No comments:

Post a Comment