Hey y'all from Washington!! It is so good to be able to say that. I am just so happy to be back hear. When I flew back in I knew I wasn't just fantasizing my love for my mission. Deep feelings of peace and joy came over me as I returned to Washington and my service here.
As I have talked about with many of you, what a unique experience it was to be able to spend that time at home and then come back. It is really incredible what the Lord did there. I didn't notice until I returned some changes that happened in me as a result of it all. Changes that are blessing my life and the lives of others.
My new assignment is incredible. Serving as a "Traveling" Assistant was only made possible by the events that transpired over the last few weeks. It has already blessed me and I know that I am going to learn and grow in ways that I can't wait to look back and see because God loved me enough to give me opportunities to "become."
This week has been a glorious one. It was really hard and exhausting but so rewarding. I got to the mission, spent the night with my "base" companions, Elder Cannon and Elder Davis (my old companions!), who are the other two Assistants. Then the next day we had Zone Conference and President Eaton just threw me right into the training like I never left. Haha I was kind of overwhelmed that day. Right after I went on a 3-day exchange to the Silver Lake area in Federal Way with Elder Buckner and Elder Barg. It was incredible to see the Lord guide the exchange and help those two missionaries build confidence and excitement for the work all while helping me re-adjust. I am in love with my assignment. It is blessing me just as much as anyone. :) Then I got to spend Saturday and Sunday in Green River with Elders Cannon and Davis. It was amazing to see the whole ward again, and Bishop called me out to bear my testimony in Sacrament meeting so I was grateful for that! Today, we got to sit in the office for 6 hours with President and Sister Eaton and work out the math that comes along with transfers and apartments and cars and such. I treasure those meetings with them, their example lifts me every time!
One insight President Eaton shared with us was about the Savior and feeding the 5,000. He asked us why we thought there were 12 extra baskets left over? I mean, the Savior does know all right? He knew exactly how much would have been needed to feed all of the people there. But for some reason there were left-overs. Think about all of the things in life, most things actually, that require one person to get less if someone else gets more. Most things must balance out, or top out at some point. Not in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Not with the Savior. There is no limit, and just because someone else got it all, doesn't mean we can't either. It is really amazing to think about. We wondered what effect it would have had on those people as they stared at the left-overs and thought about the people they wished would have been there to witness and eat , but weren't. What a lesson they could have learned if they realized that anyone and everyone would have been fed. There are many lessons to be learned in there. I hope we all take the time to ponder it!
To all my extended family... Sorry I didn't get to say personal goodbyes to y'all. The whole thing happened real fast. I just want you to know I love y'all and I am grateful for the love and concern you showed me while at home. I enjoyed being around all of you even though you just thought I was a weirdo.
Thanks again everyone! Love you all so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment