Hey everyone!! Thanks for all of your emails! And thanks for your prayers for my back! I am doing well and I am grateful to know what is going on! I will get to stay and finish and get treatment/therapy here which is the biggest good news! I am grateful for the specific opportunities God has been giving me to help me learn how to have the Spirit master the flesh. It is a lifelong battle, but I am grateful to be having some hard lessons early on that will help me through the rest!
Bro. Fauese Tamasauma'a Liaina (Leo Liaina) was baptized and confirmed this weekend!!!! It was the greatest ever. For reals. The baptismal service was incredible. President Eaton came and joined us for it! Aedyn, Leo's son, and Tekina, his fiancee, had a musical number in which Aedyn was going to sing "If the Savior Stood Beside Me." He is 4 years old. When he went up there, he got scared and didn't want to sing. After a couple of minutes, President Eaton walked over and asked Aedyn if he would sing with him. So Aedyn and President Eaton sang the song to Bro. Liaina. One of the most powerful moments ever if you can imagine it. There were a lot of people there! Probably 10-15 non-members as well. The baptism was performed by Bro. Veetutu, one of Leo's friends and a member of the ward. They went to to the back and didn't come out into the font for like 5 minutes because Bro. Liaina was so emotional. Bro. Veetutu said the prayer with power and with sincerity and it was beautiful. After that, Elder Mousser and I shared the Restoration in 5 minutes. Then Bro. Liaina shared his testimony. I can't even explain how good it was. It was straight from the heart. One quote, "I started linking up with the missionaries, and long story short, I am happy. I am happier than I have ever been." Gosh it was good. President Eaton finished with some remarks. It was the best baptism I have ever been to!
Next wonderful thing, the Barners came to church!! And loved it!! We had a couple powerful lessons with them this week. He participated in both Sunday School and Priesthood and even volunteered to do Parking Lot security next weekend haha. Everyone loves him. It was just what they needed! I am excited for the next few weeks with them. He is so ready to be baptized and start working to go to the temple with Sis Barner!
Taylor also came to church and loved it as always! If all goes well, he should get baptized on the 29th, in a couple of weeks! He is a hoot to teach. He likes to try and lead the lesson sometimes so he will direct us where to go in the pamphlet and who is going to read haha, it is hilarious. I love him. I wish you knew all of these people, they are my favorite!!
Bro. Schilling is doing amazing! He invited his daughter to meet with us. She was baptized but hasn't been active since. We have had four lessons with here and it is changing her! I am excited to continue to see that family progress.
Other than that, we are just searching to find more people that God has prepared! The Sisters in the ward are being ballers and have found some pretty solid people in the last couple of weeks. They both go home on December 8th and we will have to teach all of the people they are teaching. The problem is, both of us are teaching around 15 lessons a week haha, I am not sure how it is going to work, but I know it all will!! God is so good!!
I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is in two weeks. Christmas follows closely. I love the Holidays. It is my favorite time!
I sure love you all! Thanks for you love and prayers on my behalf! Have a great week everyone! And West Side, TAKE STATE!! :)
Elder Cook

No comments:
Post a Comment