Sunday, March 1, 2015

Email 79: Following the Spirit + Leadership Council + 3rd Baptism on the Rez

Received on September 8, 2014

Thanks for the emails this week everyone! Good to hear that BYU destroyed Texas haha. I love Addie's dress, and Brigham's distress at not being able to play. And I hope Gran has the best time with Brynne in Colorado! 

It has been a great week here! As always, it will be hard to explain! On Tuesday we had a meeting at the Eaton's home and then afterwards we picked blackberries and made some milkshakes. MMM. Then that night I went to South Puyallup to go on exchange in Manorwood! It was so great! The Elders there are amazing. And God really did bless us!  On Wednesday alone we had 4 lessons, talked to 45 new people and got return appointments with a few, and Kevin Mckay committed to be baptized on October 4th! It is so amazing to see God make things happen for me and the missionaries I am with while on exchanges. I am seriously so grateful because it changes everything for them and me! I am learning a lot about loving and understanding and following the Spirit at ALL times and in ALL things. 

Leadership Council was on Friday! It was amazing how God prepared Elder Cannon, Elder Davis, and I for this Council. We knew it was going to be on the Book of Mormon, and over the past two weeks God provided experiences for all of us to be prepared to aid President Eaton in delivering this training. We are really sharpening our focus when it comes to the Book of Mormon and we, as a mission, are going to learn how to truly make it our main source of teaching. We are going to use it more in the way it is intended, as the means by which people in the Latter-Days are converted to Christ! The Book of Mormon has so much power that we way too often overlook. And often we do not do near enough to help investigators FEEL the power it has by assisting them in applying the principles to their own lives. "Every person must decide whether to accept the Book of Mormon as revelation from God." (PMG pg 7) Our new focus will help us to help others draw their own conclusion as to whether or not there were plates, and then take that conclusion to God and gain their own spiritual witness of the divinity of the Book of Mormon. We are going to make that witness the focus of our teaching. I am so excited to improve and see miracles as our mission makes slight changes to better teach the Savior's way! 

Saturday was another great day. I actually spent it on the Reservation with Elders Butt and Shipley. Oh how I love that place haha. Muckleshoot has a special place in my heart. I love those people. We had an incredible experience teaching an investigator named Camelia, who is going to be baptized on Saturday! The 3rd baptism on the Reservation since it opened last year! I am so happy about it :) slowly but surely the kingdom will be built there!

This upcoming week should be a crazy fun one! The last week before transfers! So we will have all of that to do, plus I wil be going on exchanges to both Hylebos and Sumner! Elder Lemmon serves in Sumner! So I will get to spend a couple of days with him :) That is exciting. 

I am happy to hear that you are all doing so well. I love you all so much! Thanks for everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment