Received January 13, 2015
Time is going way to quick for me. I had really been praying about my departure date and all those sort of things until we had interviews with President and Sister Eaton this week. I had a great interview with President and then went and talked with Sister Eaton. Right after Elder Tui gets done with President, President Eaton comes out and says, "Elder Cook where are you?" He comes around the corner and comes in the room, shuts the door and just says, "March 2nd, thats when you are going home." Elder Tui told him it was stressing me out haha, so he made a decision and threw it down. There were reasons behind it but I don't have time to write.. Right after though I felt a lot of peace in that decision. And then the plans I needed to make for school just flowed right after. My prayers have been answered and I feel confident moving forward! I don't have to worry about that for my last transfer!
We just barely got finished with our first Specialized Training on Working with Members. Today we did one with just the missionaries from the Federal Way, Auburn, and Maple Valley Zones. It went really well and the missionaries seemed enlightened and excited, so that was cool to see. Tonight we are training Ward Leaders and missionaries in the Puyallup Stake. I actually learn more than I teach I feel so it is a cool experience. Pretty much the training is a panel-style training where President asks Elder Tui and I questions and we answer them and then model things pertaining to working with Members. And then President fills in the cracks like a boss. It has been pretty amazing planning it thus far. We really feel like this is going to be a pivotal training in the mission's history! So pray for us this week please!
I got to speak in Sacrament Meeting with President Eaton. I felt like it went well! He taught me some things about speaking that hopefully I will be able to use for the rest of my life. I enjoyed the opportunity to get to share my testimony to the ward as a whole. I sure love Hylebos.
Please keep praying for the Barners, Jacks, and Sorensens. They are all progressing at different rates. Bro Barner should get baptized this month if everything works out, and Rien Jack should get baptized the beginning of next month! Bro Schilling, Taylor, and Leo are all going to the temple to do baptisms for the dead this weekend! So stoked about that. The Work of Salvation is wonderful :)
I love you all so much. Thanks for all of your prayers! Have a great week!
Elder Cook
No comments:
Post a Comment