Received October 13, 2014
Hey everyone, I got some great emails this week! Thanks a ton! Sounds like Brig dominated this season in Football! And I am praying for Addie as she gets into District play for Volleyball. Beat Malad! And Brynne and Clark are being ballers in Colorado with missionary work. Nice :) Thank you all for the prayers sent our way in Washington. I have felt extremely blessed this past week. There were just so many different instances where our planning, actions, and teaching were guided by the Spirit . It was incredible. It is the neatest feeling, because you know you are doing things the right way. I just pray we can continue to build on the success that we have had in the past few weeks.
Last week, I talked about a family that we met while contacting, the Carmels! Well we taught them on Sunday morning before church and Bro Odom came with us. he is a High Councilor and his daughter runs cross country with Abby, one of the kids in the family. It was a great lesson on the Restoration and Sister Carmel prayed at the end and the Spirit was there. Bro Odom, as we were walking out said, "Are you sure that wasn't staged? That lesson was perfect." Haha we are teaching them again on Wednesday night and the kids are going to come to youth night! They are so prepared it is amazing!
Bro Barner went hunting this weekend. We prayed that he would get a deer fast and get home soon so that he could continue on in his progress. Saturday was opening day and he shot a deer by 8 am... Haha we have a lesson with him tonight! God answers our prayers :)
I just about ate it hard on my bike again this week. It served me right. We were leaving Bishop's house and I turned to Elder Jeppesen and said "I'm gonna go so much harder than you." Then I jumped on my bike and as I rode off the curb my foot slipped and both my feet started dragging. I was going pretty fast and I was scared for my life but then I managed to get control and get my feet back up. Elder Jeppesen laughed for about 10 mins straight after that.. My left shoe got the worst of it though.
Also, I went on an exchange this week with Elder Kim from South Korea. He is one of the Zone Leaders here in Federal Way. What a star. He has learned most of his English while hear on a mission. He has given so much for God it is inspiring. I loved getting to learn from him. I am continuing to learn lessons on love and leadership.
D&C 68:6. Love this scripture!
6 Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.
I love you all! Thanks for everything! :)
Elder Cook
Leadership Council

No comments:
Post a Comment