Hey everyone! Thanks to y'all for the emails and letters this week! I sure am blessed. It was a wonderful week here in Hylebos, and in other areas! We went on two exchanges this week with the Puyallup Zone Leaders and the Renton Zone Leaders. I stayed in Hylebos with Elder Freeman over New Year's eve. Elder Freeman is good friends with Jared Workman and Austin Johnson, my roommates at BYU. We had an awesome exchange where lots fell through but we made the most of it! Then on Friday-Saturday I was with Elder Quackenbush and Elder Spilsbury in the Renton Spanish branch. I did my best to speak Spanish but it was a little rusty... Haha. I really felt like we needed to focus on intensity on this exchange so we kept it UP the whole time and miracles happened. We had some great experiences following the Spirit and finding prepared people!
Mission Leadership Council on Friday was glorious :) We were focused on Finding with Faith and it was such a great environment. The Leadership Council is filled with too many incredible missionaries, it isn't even fair. I love those meetings. Elder Tui and I did a big training on working with members, similar to the one we will do with each stake in the mission next week. It went well it is helping the leaders catch a vision of working with members! We are excited for these Special Trainings coming up in week 6!
Sunday was probably the best Sunday of my mission! Here's why: Taylor passed the Sacrament for the first time. Bro Barner came to all three hours and practically taught Gospel Principles. Bro Liaina and his fiancee Sis Havili are now coming to Hylebos full-time and his work schedule allows it, so they were there! Bro. Schilling brought the Jack family (a Marshallese family we are teaching. Rien, the father, is a member but his records are nowhere to be found so he has to be re-baptized) and they got back on track with coming to church! Pretty much everyone was there and progressing! It was incredible :) I am so grateful! God is good!
I get to speak in Hylebos on Sunday with President Eaton. I think I am going to speak on the principle of collective faith and the vision of missionary work through the Saints. Pray for me!
I sure love y'all a lot! Sorry I don't have more time! I am so grateful for all of your love and prayers. Have a great week!
Elder Cook
No comments:
Post a Comment